Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Need Help Identifying Blister/sore On Lip And Under Nose

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi there everyone,

My daughter was recently sick and developed a sore under her nose, which we thought was caused by the constant nose blowing. It hardened to a scab and fell off, but before it did, a sore showed up on the edge of her mouth, which is now in the process of hardening. At the head(?) of it, you can see yellow discoloration, as if there is puss underneath the skin.

I'm sorry for the poor picture, but it seems too dark to take a clear one.

Any suggestions as to what might be the cause of this?

thanks,
json
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank schwim for this post: chef07 

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
eczema

herpes

I've experienced both, although eczema is the more communicable of the two, I believe. I contracted it as a blister on the outer edge of my nostril.
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Son with similar symptom
Hello, I was wondering if you ever found out with was wrong with you daughter. My son seems to have a similar issue. Thanks!
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hi, yeh to me it looks like it could either be eczema or a cold sore you can get them around your nose and mouth Jenny
|