Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Ejaculating Inside Vagina cause infection or irritation? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
hi my girlfriend and i have been having sex for 6 months. she gets the birth control shot. every time we have sex i ejaculate inside of her and have asked her what her opinion is... she doesn't mind and seems to like it.

so my question is... are there any side effects for her that we may not be aware of. the physical sperm being inside her... is that okay? will it create any infections or ... irritations?
thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper curly48
|
Users who thank hughhefner for this post: mackwilson75 

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
She's safe. That's why she's on birth control, remember? So you don't have to worry?

Think about that question! Humans evolved to make babies by the man ejaculating inside of the woman. Unless she's strangely allergic to your semen she'll be fine. The only way she'll get infected by anything is if she never showers and allows herself to develop a yeast infection, OR, if you have an STD.
|

thanks for the reply... i was just worried because when i go, i'm normally pretty deep Smile

thanks again
|

Especially eHealthy
Why would being deep make a difference?
|

replied August 8th, 2009
does ejaculation in2 the vagina cause bacterial vaginosis?!?
since i've been with my boyfriend (7months) i've developed recurring bacterial infections / yeast infections. i've talked to numerous doctors, some say yeast/bacterial can be sexually transmitted, others disagree and say it isn't possible to swap these infections. recently, i went for a check up...because once again i was having the itching, burning, odor problem and i was diagnosed with a bacterial infection. i had my boyfriend see a doctor to determine whether he too obtained the same infection, his results were negative. each time i treat with oral prescription medications. i'm not on birth control and no contraceptives are used, i am aware of the reprocussions, and need no advice on that. what i do need to know is when he ejaculates inside of me (which isn't often) i always seem to experience the fishy odors the following day? does this mean his semen is causing an overgrowth of bacteria (in one nights time) and infecting my vagina, therefore causing the "bacterial vaginosis"?
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
I'm having the same problem! Let me know if you learn anything. He's been told that his semen is too acidic but I'm looking for a new diet or something to change that>
|

replied January 24th, 2012
Unlike yeast/bacterial infection tests for women, there's no equivalent
test for men that I'm aware of. That being said, it is very likely that your boyfriend has the infection too and is just passing it back to you. He should go to see a doctor again, and tell them that you have a bacterial infection, have been treated, and that it seems to be recurring after sex. His doctor will probably prescribe him the same oral medication that your doctor prescribed for you. Hope this helps.
|

replied September 10th, 2012
I have the same exact problem I could have just Finished my antibiotics. If I let him ejaculate in me the smell is back which soon turns into a bv infection. Idk wat to do
|

replied September 11th, 2009
I think that your bf ejaculating inside of you is the cause of the bacterial infection...i only had 3 bf's in my life, my first 2 bf's never ejaculated inside of me but the 3rd one sometimes did, and that's when i started having the same problems as you. I went to a gyno and he told me that the ph balance of the vagina gets unbalanced sometimes with sperm and that's the cause of the infection. Well, that's my case...but doesn't mean that everyone's the same.
|

Aniston is correct. The semen changes the ph balance of the vagina and can cause gardnerella, which is naturally in the vagina, to overgrow, causing those symptoms.
|

thank u for the advice both curly48 and aniston! with what you said...i'm wondering what it is going to be like when and if i would decide to get pregnant with this man? am i forever going to be experiencing these unpleasant odors and infections????!
|

replied September 12th, 2009
There are probably some other things going on that may be contributing to the problem that you could do differently.
Avoid using tampons with your period. Tampons are made with bleached fibers and have a basic ph. Your menstrual cycle itself can change the ph so tampons make it worse. The healthy vaginal ph is slightly acidic it sounds like chemistry because it is. Gardnerella loves a basic environment and lactobacillus/acidophilus loves a more acidic environment.The acid loving bacteria is helpful and actually serves to keep the vaginal flora in check.
Soap and bubble baths are basic and affect vaginal ph. Bubble baths are relaxing but not good for the vagina.
Antibiotics indiscriminately kill off bacteria both good and bad.If you are taking antibiotics for any reason it will affect the vaginal flora and can cause gardnerella to return in an unbalanced way.Douching is frowned upon in the medical community but I am starting to beleive that a mild vinegar/lactobacillus douche a couple times a month may be helpful. Go to a natural/health food store
(not GNC)and see what womens health products they have.
Hope this helps.
|

replied September 12th, 2009
thank you..everything you've told me are things my gyno already informed me of, but in less words. i do take baths, on a fairly regular basis...although i don't add bath salts, or bubbles...is that still cause for infection regardless if your not putting products in the water? i have quit using tampons while on my menstrual cycle. i never douche, because i thought that was bad for you, although anytime i ever have i've always used vinegar water. but still i'm confused about my last question posted...because of his sperm throwing off the pH balance of my vagina....what does that mean if and when i would be trying to conceive??????
|

replied September 13th, 2009
What I have read is that Gardnerella vaginal infections (meaning the balance is out of whack)can contribute to premature contractions.

I would advise an oral round of Flagyl (Metronidazole) instead of the vaginal gel. Once cleared up, I would try a vinegar douche with lactobacillus in it. 2 x's a month.You may need to concoct your own by buying lactobacillus capsules and mixing it with the vinegar douche empty the powder from the capsule). Also, do not use personal lubricating gels if at all possible as they too can change the vaginal ph.Some brands may be better than others. I believe Astro glide is better, as is Orexia but Orexia is very expensive and is only sold on line. But, all things considered it gets expensive treating recurring infections too.Condoms often come with a lubricant.Spermicidal gels also can do this as can being on the pill.

As far as baths go,the ph of water is 7 which is basic. The normal ph of the vagina is around 4.5 which is acidic. I would skip the baths all together.In a bath, water does get in the vagina.Try using a liquid soap that contains citric acid. Good luck.
|

replied October 16th, 2009
My boyfriend and i have sex on a daily basis like 3 times a day. He normaly cums in me twice. But i always shower right when i know we are done for the day. I use Treseptic body/face clenser it was recommended by my doctor since it is suppose to clens your body. But for 2 days now i have been experiencing discharge. And its been a little itchy.It's been swollen. Is this because of sperm?
|

replied March 28th, 2010
imbalence, yeast, cure
i had the same mystery yeasty/bac thing that never showed up on a test so my doctors said to ignore it. I let some guy come inside for the first time in while without protection (im on bc) and its cured! his load must have set the ph right? lol
|

replied April 6th, 2010
I have had the same problem with one of my recent gf''s every time i ejaculate inside her she develops a bacteria infection and you can smell it by the next day. What can i do to keep this from happening other than not ejaculate inside her of course. I did have unprotected sex with another girl a couple months befor her and she had a bacterial infection could i maybe be carrying that infection now and just passing it to my gf through my sperm?
|

replied March 6th, 2011
Make sure your boyfriend washes his dick properly before sex, most don't and can't be bothered, especially after urinating where they touch their dick with unclean hands that can carry fungi and bacteria from their day to activities which is introduced into your vagina
|

replied July 25th, 2011
two days ago i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time we didnt use a condom. after he came inside me i started getting this sore feeling like irritation. we had sex again awhile after that and i feelt a little pain. the 3rd time it was more painful for me i think he had pain also but not as much as i did of course i didnt tell him i was in pain... the next day we had sex with a condom. i was ok but he was a little irritated . the secound time we did it he took thecondom off but did not ejaculate inside me. the next day he was redish and had ichyness and it was irritated. could it be because he ejaculated inside me the first day and we kepthaving sex. i did shower but sometimes he would just go at it with out me being lubricated enough.
|

replied July 25th, 2011
two days ago i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time we didnt use a condom. after he came inside me i started getting this sore feeling like irritation. we had sex again awhile after that and i feelt a little pain. the 3rd time it was more painful for me i think he had pain also but not as much as i did of course i didnt tell him i was in pain... the next day we had sex with a condom. i was ok but he was a little irritated . the secound time we did it he took thecondom off but did not ejaculate inside me. the next day he was redish and had ichyness and it was irritated. could it be because he ejaculated inside me the first day and we kepthaving sex. i did shower but sometimes he would just go at it with out me being lubricated enough.
|

replied January 23rd, 2012
I had the same problem and my gyno said to start taking Acidophilus to balance it out. You can find it at Walmart or any drugstore.
|

replied March 13th, 2012
Wondering ?
Can to much sperm cause a infection or lead to anything else?
|

replied March 13th, 2012
Community Volunteer
No, not for your partner. It will just leave a bigger wetter wet spot afterwards as everything flows right out again.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
Vaginal ph imbalance.
I am going trough the same situation, now my dr said that he may carry the bacteria And he needs to be treated with the same medication as me. Also I wasn't told this the first time I got it but new are not allow to have sex during the 7 days plus 1 more if raking medication no consuming of alcohol for 2 weeks starting he same day you start he medication. Hopefully this time it will work.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
THE HANDS down ultimate home remedy for BV & high vaginal ph
Everyone LISTEN TO ME! I've been through this a thousand times and I have THE, I mean THE solution, given to me a the TOP doctor in this very specific field. When the PH gets off, causing overgrowth, Douche with 16 ounces of warm water with two tablespoons of baking soda mixed in. Two days later, if you're still iritated, DO IT AGAIN. THAT'S IT!!! Don't waste time getting antibiotics or with doctors visits. Baking soda is ALL YOU NEED!!!! (And a re-usable douche from the drug store).
|

replied August 13th, 2012
Same Problem PH Balance OR BV
Big Sis, Hi...I was pregnant about 8 months ago and had a miscarriage. I'm now on the depo Shot and I have only 3 weeks on it before the other shot, But I'm not getting it due to the fact I am ready to have children....I've been dealing with this for about 2 years, ever since I changed relationships. I've been to doctors and Its BV or He cheated on me, but Claimed it may have been dormant..But Could you please help me...I really want children!!
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
Since you replied to this a month ago or so I don't know if you'll see my response. You need to have your blood tested for yeast levels. YEAST CAN CAUSE MISCARRIAGE. It's a scary thing, and few doctors will acknowledge it as the cause. But get checked, or look into an anti yeast diet, start taking probiotics and douching with a vinegar and acidophilus mixture found in health food stores (not GNC) You can also try the baking soda douche mentioned above. I've been told hundreds of times (while abstinent) that I have an STD causing my problems but it's not, it's yeast. Get checked so you can have babies Smile Source: Daughter of labor and deliver/nursery/ob gyn nurse, personal experience, personal friend of multiple doctors (DO not MD)
|
12 >>