Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Red, Itchy, Swelling, Painful Vigina

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 16 years old... I am very proud to say i have not had sex yet. But lately my vigina has been red, itchy, swollen... and very painful... I know i don't have a yest infection... And there is no discharge.... I haven't gotten my period in awhile.... But I don't think it's because of that... It seems like there is a red line that starts from my vigina and goes to my anal canal.... It's really painful... It feels like its going to split in half... It also burns really bad when i peep, or take a bath or shower.... And sometimes i noticed it starts to bleed.... I have been putting diaper cream around it to help the itchy burny thingy... but it hasn't helped with the swelling... PLEASE HELP I don't know what else to do
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kel bel
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it sounds like you have an infection and you need to definately see a doctor

how do you know its not a yeast infaction?
|

replied November 14th, 2007
this is exactly what i have too. i've treated myself twice for a yeast infection since i started getting this about 2 periods ago so i know its not a yeast infection. it will get better when i'm using the monistat product, but as soon as i stop using it, it comes back. i have had a bit of a runny, clear discharge though, but i don't smell!! I hope somebody checks our posts out soon so we can figure this out!
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2007
Supporter
Please go see a doctor ASAP!!!
|

replied November 25th, 2007
omg!! that is exactly what i have!!!!! Down to the red line and everything! I went to the DR. and she said i had BV. and gave me anitbiotics. They didnt help. the line is still there, it burns when i pee, its itchy and irritated, and it bleeds sometimes. I've read symptoms of BV and it says a smelly colored discharge, mines not smelly or colored. I'm calling the Dr. tommorrow. Does anyone think its possible to have both BV and a yeast infection at the same time?
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You may have a mixture of both. Sometimes if the infection is severe you may not be able to clear it up with one treatment. Go back to the doctor and talk about more treatment options so it does not worsen
|

replied November 30th, 2007
thanks everyone for you input.... but i recently had my period and it went away.... I talked to my doctor... and she still has know idea what it could be.... i just hope it doesn't come back..... Thanks again..... yes
|

replied November 24th, 2011
you know i have all these systems as well. my doctor can't figure it out either. I think mine is linked to allergies. I have switched to using 100% cotton pads no tampons, and washing my underwear on delicates with special detergent that is hypo allergenic. so this month i tested it went back to my old habbits and sure enough, red line, itching, discomfort and all the above. i am freakin misserable.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
i have been treated two times for a yeast infection my DR even gave me two pills to take. it didnt work, it actually bunes more now down there, could it not be a yeast infection?
|

replied October 14th, 2009
It's an allergy. You are either douching with the wrong PH (acid or alkline) or a detergent you use to wash your panties, or something you are applying.

Have the doc check your vaginal PH. I had the problem and everything I did made it worse until i go my PH balance corrented.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Yellow Discharge
I Had Unprotected Sex About a Week N Half ago W/ my new bf.... I recently gotten off my Period about 2 days ago Last NIght N today i Been HavIng A Little LiNe Of Yellow Discharge ITs Odorless I made an appointment for the dr tomorrow im scared i may have a std...I Only have pain when he tries to touch me down there not really painful but i feel like a burning sensation for like 5 mins it doesnt burn when i pee or anything
|

replied April 30th, 2011
vaginal zits
In the past i have had some of the same symptoms. Red itchy, swollen, hurty lips. No stinky or colored liquid. It doesnt hurt to pee...but does durin sex.

I did go to the hospital about it after a few days.

The doctor told me that women have pores in and around the cooch area...not sure the exact location of the pores but they can get clogged which creates a zit.
|

replied April 30th, 2011
vaginal zits
In the past i have had some of the same symptoms. Red itchy, swollen, hurty lips. No stinky or colored liquid. It doesnt hurt to pee...but does durin sex.

I did go to the hospital about it after a few days.

The doctor told me that women have pores in and around the cooch area...not sure the exact location of the pores but they can get clogged which creates a zit.

They can be treated like one on your face...dont touch it, if you actualy see a white head, pop it... but otherwise leave it alone... it will go away by itself in a few days...if not then see your doctor.

BTW sometimes it may not look like there is a zit.. it will just be painfull.
Also it may happen again, but it is not a disease. causes can be shaving, condoms, not cleaning properly...
|

replied May 3rd, 2011
Hi
Really its very worried. Go to doctor and solve this problem.
|

replied March 27th, 2012
Swelling of vagina pains and discharge
I recently had a discharge of red guey stuff and i had sex last night and one side of my vagina really swelled up im just wondering do u know what it could me i have IBS also and today the pains in my tummy have got bad and i feel sick could you help reasThey are called 'catalysts' because they speed up the reaction by lowering the amount of energy needed to get the reaction started. ure me please
|

replied March 28th, 2012
Yeast infection
Having the same problem, but I just started taking antibiotics for a sinus infection and when taking these types of meds it depletes good and bad bacteria...which then you can develope a yeast infection, which I did.
My doctor prescribed a pill to treat the yeast infection and now I started with probiotics a must to put back the good bacteria. Don't spurge on the pro biotics (acidophilus ) get the good stuff and refrigerate once it has been opened.
Hope this helps.
|

replied August 14th, 2013
swelling,and burning
Hey guys I recently had sex and now I have swelling in my vagina and it burns wen I pee at one time I had yellow discharge but after it waz normal n it didn't smell, I don't hv any pain in my abdomen, what can be the problem?
|
Quick Reply