Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Lumps On the Inside of Legs Under the Skin

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
i keep getting lumps on the inside of my legs. they are at the top. the doc said a while ago it was folicilitis (im noT convinced) and to burst them with a pin.! i have done and there is blood and puss comes out(sorry). then tey just fill up again. they do not get a head on as such and are under the skin. some are the size of a pea and some are bigger. they are very unsightly and have left scars. i was wondering if anyone knew what they could be and how to get rid o them
many thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2009
arlson - lumps
Been exactly the same - after about 10 and following numerous doc's visits, being told in a very condescending manner that "some people are just prone to them" and being sent away with . . . yet more fluxoxacillin . . . yey . . . I pushed for a referral - after an hour's examination was told that I could either; go on lifetime antibiotics (which, by the way, would make it difficult to treat me for - say - a chest infection); change my clothing, type of shower gel etc (which I have done), don't shave but try waxing (do anyway); or have an operation to remove all of the skin around there which, she told me, would leave terrible scarring - oh, and she took a swab just in case - no sign of anything wrong but 'a very slight may' be a hiccup with my 'eco-system' down there - which is treatable! Here's hoping!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lumps, skin, head
Quick Reply