Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Does Acis Reflux Cause Tightness In Chest When Laying Down?

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
I have been suffering from tightness in the chest a couple of seconds after laying down and i have trouble breathing through this. It only lasts a couple of secoinds but it also happens when i laugh too much or too hard, sneeze stand up after i have been sitting/laying down for a while. Does this sound like acid reflux?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yes it can. In fact it is a good idea to never lay down for at least an hour after you have eaten. I have had some of my worst attacks going to bed right after dinner or bending over to pick something up off the floor and all of a sudder Wham! You can feel that acid coming up into your throat. One time jsut recently, it was so bad, I thought my throat was on fire. I was diagnosised three years ago.

Carrie
|
Did you find this post helpful?