Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Cure for white spots on shoulders and back- milk spots ?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have little white spots on my shoulders and back - they are not very noticable but there is quite a lot there.

I have been to my doctors who called them 'milk spots' - whatever that means and there is no cure to get rid of them..

Has anyone else got the same and has a cure??!! Mad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2007
Supporter
I've heard that is might be candita, an overgrowth of a fungus that lives in your body. Candita may be systemic and needs to be treated with a full 6-8 week detox that includes a diet of no sugars. How badly do you want these things to go away?
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Really??? My doctor said they are nothing!
They don't bother me that much really - just in the summer when i'd like to wear sleeveless tops etc...
|

replied November 15th, 2007
My Guess...tinea Versicolor?
I got the same thing this summer. I visited a dermatologist and it turned out to be tinea versicolor. VERY COMMON and TOTALLY TREATABLE. It started with white spots on my shoulders, then I started noticing some on my chest & back.
It is a "yeast" that all of us have on our bodies, but sometimes our bodies dont "take care" of it and it starts to spread. It causes your body to not pigment where it is "overactive". I was given a prescription shampoo. However, google tinea versicolor and you will see you can sometime treat mild cases with over the counter products. It has been about two months and I am slowly starting to notice the spots disappearing. Hope this helps.
|
Users who thank gd333 for this post: rooted 

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2008
Supporter
Thanks for the info! I'll recommend the products and method for my sister!
|

replied April 17th, 2009
some age spots on legs and thighs
The only way to get rid of them is to have every one of them biopsied. I have already gone the bipsy way on my thighs. It is very painful. I still have two more on the right thigh; all others are on the legs. I would like to not see them at all when I wear my shorts this summer. They really look grotesque

Help!!
|

replied May 4th, 2009
White Spots
The white spots you are noticing, if they are not itchy nor painful and are just a discolouration is known as vilitigo. Vitiligo is a common skin condition inwhich your immune system attacks the melanin (which is responsible for colouring your skin) is being attacked. I have very large areas on my body which are affected, however, if you are over 20 years old and the sports have no increased they are likely not to. Mine are growing everywhere and will eventually take over. I am white however and it is not as dramatic. IF you would like to help reduce growth: use a high spf sunscreen, be careful of cuts and bruises, often when the body goes to heal this area it will also kill the melanin because the body is confused if it is bacteria or not. Presently, there is no cure. Therefore, I try not to bruise or get scratched because when I do a spot appears afterwards. However, sometimes spots can disappear on their own when the body produces more melanin in that area. WARNING: tanning the white spots will not get rid of them, they will burn and your chances of skin cancer will increase dramatically. Good luck and I hope I have helped in some way.
|

replied December 20th, 2009
omg i have the same problem!!
i have no idea what it is and i want to get rid of them!!
please help!
if you have any more answers you can also write me.

thanks
|

replied December 20th, 2009
hey i just read this not sure if its right though but yeah.

Heat Spots. Prickly Heat
During the heat of summer and occasionally at other times, children are subject to an eruption of small vesicles about the size of a pin's head, filled with watery fluid. These sometimes break and form into thin scabs. They are attended with an itching burning heat and some fever. It is generally occasioned by warm rooms and too warm clothing.

Daily bathing and proper attention to dress are essential to a cure. If much fever and restlessness are present, Aconite may be given in alternation with Cha-momilla, four hours apart. If the eruption is extensive and attended with a burning itching, Rhus may be given, morning and night, followed, if relief is not obtained in a few days, by Arsenic or Sulphur, at night.

There is another form of eruption, called the " Med Gum," which consists of small red pimples, chiefly confined to the neck and arms, although sometimes extending over the body. The treatment is similar to that indicated above.
|

replied March 20th, 2011
White Spots on arms
Try using head and shoulders or a dandruff shampoo that is medicated. The shampoo should be green, rub on your affected area, leave on for about five minutes then rinse off. Use this a couple times and your white spots should be gone!
|

replied June 18th, 2013
Raw milk and/or chinese medicine
Hi,

I had these for years. Tried antibiotics and it did work (fungal infection) but problem with antibiotics is it destroys your good bacteria and so long term you get fungal infection x10 worse! It got so bad I had my whole back completely covered and it was so strong.

My cure was chinese medicine (herbs) and they gave me a cream to put on my back - they were gone within couple of weeks - I asked them what was in the cream they wouldn't say it was some chinese remedy and they didnt speak good english.

But another way to cure candida is to drink raw milk (non pasteurised and non homogenised)

Yes you can deprive yourself of sugars but really, it doesnt always work and can be very stressful, why suffer so much. Reduce sugars slightly, increase intake of healthy fats instead and have some stevia instead of raw cane sugar. But ultimately, restore your gut with raw milk. that will rebalance the flora and get rid of unecessary candida - remember some candida is not bad, its all about the balance, its when it gets too much that it's harmful.

Raw milk also cures allergies and other skin problems.

Get it from the right source, direct from a farm that treats their cows well

Best of luck
|
Quick Reply