Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

I Can Only Have One Orgasm (Page 1)

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I know women are supposed to be blessed with the ability of having multiple orgasms, but I can only have one...Only once in my life can I recall having like one and a half...Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2004
No, nothing's wrong. Be thankful that you're luck enough to do it once. Lots of women have a hard time having even one orgasm.
|

replied April 9th, 2004
I agree with ms_chatz. My best friend has been having sex for over 5 years and she has not once, not once, had an orgasm. She always asks me what it feels like. Be thankful! I can have multiple orgasms if I use a vibrator. I don't even need to insert it, I just need to have it on my clit. But, when i'm with my man, he wears me out the first time around, I have no more energy!
|

replied April 24th, 2004
Re: I Can Only Have One Orgasm
courtney wrote:
i know women are supposed to be blessed with the ability of having multiple orgasms, but I can only have one...Only once in my life can I recall having like one and a half...Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Confused

courtney

i too used to be that way, but now I must say that have at least two orgasm a month. And if I want it more then that I just use my vibrator. You are not doing anything wrong. I thought that I was doing something wrong too and you know what I find out was that the guys that I was dealing with was not hitting my g-spot. But the one I am with right now is the one that gets me there Wink
|

replied December 23rd, 2008
I know exactly how you feel, i can only have one orgasm during sex and if a lad foreplays with me i can only have one orgasm. I used to think its because when i first started having sex i did'nt realise i could have more than one orgasm so i used to stop having sex and i suppose you can say i got used to doing it that way. But now, i realise i can have more than one orgasm and i do try to have more than one everytime i have sex, but it doe'snt seem to work and i stil dont know why =/
|

replied December 25th, 2008
My boyfriend & I have sex 3-5 times a day usually, until I met him I didn't think it was possible for me to have multiple orgasms either I used to have one and be done, but he loves going down on me and has gotten me to have 5 orgasms in a row just from that then another from sexual intercourse. There is nothing wrong with you I also have a friend who has never had an orgasm in their life. I'm sure you will get it one day, being comfortable and having good communication helps.
|

replied March 21st, 2009
orgasm once
I can only orgasm once and it drives me crazy because my boyfriend can keep going and going. I am afraid alot of times that this will because a bigger issue because of me being this way, he says that it doesnt bother him that I can only do it once but I know for me if I was him I would get to the point where I would get really fustrated. I dont know what to do how can I have more than one at a time? Help me?
|

replied April 5th, 2009
1 orgasm then im out like a light!
...well for me i can only orgasm once then immediately after im sleep. my bf finds it quite ammusing that instead of him going to sleep right afterwards, its i that does, and when he tries to wake me to have sex again, its like being woke out of a deep sleep, and my body seems to go limp and i am just dead tired, even if i didnt do any work. however when i do finally wake up, i feel completely rejuvenated. A lot of time i dont understand this, but it gets me up and ready for work in the morning. Surprised)
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
3 to 5 times a day? Do you get time to do anything else during your day? Wow I wish I had the time to spend all day having sex!!
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
lucky
when my husbnd goes down i only have one orgasim then i'm done but then he wants me to do it i don't like too but i do it anyways, then he still wants us to have sex since i already had my orgasim i can't get my self to have have another one i try but it never comes then it starts hurting and sometime if he doesn't go down and we just do it i don't come at all or it take forever and he's usally done and i still want more becasue i want to have my oragsim it releases my stress
|

replied July 27th, 2009
Too much thought. Not enough action.
my ex is the only person who has been able to make me have multiple orgasims during sex or oral sex. but that relationship is long gone. I love my new bf but i get frustrated that i havent yet had an orgasim with him, let alone the many I used to love so much with the ex. I cant stay wet anymore. I dry up and it become painful. I think its mostly a mental thing, so while he is away visiting family I am trying to meditate and get my mind in that comfortable place again where I can just relax during sex. I think its my ex's fault. he gave me somethin i never had b4. now i expect it...i am just thinking way too much. Is it that? Am I just over thinking my situation?
|

replied July 31st, 2009
well i beleive it is not adnormal to get only one orgasim because i have been married twice and in the
first marriage i married at 19 years young and 5
children were conceived out of that marriage. The
second time i got married i was 38 years of age.
Both husbands are great in bed but i have always
just got one orgasim except on a few accasions
in my second marraige i have got 2 orgaims due
to we had a lot of fore play going on with a lot
of touching and changed positions quite quickly
on top of that we added a little more spice to it by watching sex movies and it took the sex to another level.
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2010
i'm 28.....ok...so i too am lacking orgasms...i can only have 1 : ( i have read every post on the issue and no one has explained WHY THIS IS HAPPENING!!!! i wanna know why i can only have 1......it makes me feel very un-womanly....most women can have 2,3,4,5,6 orgasms in 1 session....i'm so jealous....
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2010
i'm 28.....ok...so i too am lacking orgasms...i can only have 1 : ( i have read every post on the issue and no one has explained WHY THIS IS HAPPENING!!!! i wanna know why i can only have 1......it makes me feel very un-womanly....most women can have 2,3,4,5,6 orgasms in 1 session....i'm so jealous....
|

replied December 28th, 2011
Only 1 Orgasm (Reply to JesRiv)
I can relate and there is seemingly no direct answer. I've spoken with professionals who have said that it's very commonplace but there isn't an explanation at this point in time. They've suggested exploring self-pleasure to discover what I like so that I may direct my partner. It's easier (and less awkward) said than done but it's worth a try. Hope this helps a little.

Sincerely,
~Ms. Ambitious~
|

replied May 27th, 2010
Wife WONT let herself have a 2nd orgasm
Hey, I am a guy. I love my wife in every way possible, and the sex is fantastic. But once she has one orgasm, she wants me to stop...and of course, i want to keep going which frustrates me. I basically cant touch her because she says she is too sensitive (isnt that the whole point of an orgasm?)... the slightest touch makes her twitch, like it continues the orgasm. It seems more mental than physical, she almost gets mad if I try to keep fooling around..."I SAID NO! STOP" -so I respect that do. Its almost like an abrubt ending to our sex session and we just spoon after that. I have done it it the past with other women and never had this happen. I dont want to make her do anything she doesnt want to do, but any ideas why? And any ideas on how we can get past it?
|

replied January 23rd, 2012
hey, I am the same way- I am really sensitive after an orgasm and I don't want to go any further. Sometimes it helps when the guy gets done first. Otherwise I'm just done and I dont want to do anything more.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2010
i am the same way jc2000, after i have an orgasm i can only tolerate my husbands touch for a few more seconds. its like over the moment i climax. its a weird feeling i get in my body that says no more enough, i dealt with sexual abuse as a child so i think thats where mines come from. ask ur wife about her past history. my husband says it scares him cus ill yell stop and i just want to cuddle after that
|

replied July 13th, 2010
Im 13 i just did it today and like i thought i jizzed in the first 10 mins but then i didnt and all that but like i would go soft n then harder n then she would like get in the air when i went harder like 3 times while i was going is that a orgasm or... Cuz we did it 4 like 1hr n 10mins
|

replied October 13th, 2010
One Orgasm Girl
Still no answers or reasons. I'm also in the position that i can only have 1 orgasm in a sesh, whether i'm alone, or not. It's frustrating, cause if my boyfriend preforms oral or anything on me, i have to tell him to stop once i've climaxed, because it just doesn't feel nice anymore. I am pretty young, 15, but i don't think that would be any reason for it.
|

replied October 20th, 2010
17 yr old virgin can come only once
hey im 17 and when i masturbate, i too can only have one orgasm..but they do have different intensities. i dont think that it is un-womanly. its okai. but i think on my part its mostly mental i dont wanna get caught masturbating so i do it once and go to sleep. i too doze off after touching myself and i feel way to sensitive to stat right back up again...ao to Wife WONT let herself have a 2nd orgasm i can totally understand it almost ''hurting her'' i get that too.
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2012
I'm seventeen aswell. When i masturbate, i only orgasm once, or maybe like one and a half if i'm lucky.
I'm not virgin, and i can only orgasm once still, i reckon it's just one of them things that take time- i dunno...
But i'm exactly the same.
|

replied November 1st, 2012
Community Volunteer
Some women can orgasm only once. It may change for you later, or not.

Try to stretch out the time before you orgasm. Get yourself close, then fall back a bit, then get yourself up there again, the fall back a bit again. Keep on dong this for a while. This will make that one orgasm much more pleasurable and powerful.
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2010
Pfft... I wish I could have at least one.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile