Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Partial Hysterectomy With Menopause Symptoms

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
I am 34 years old and had a partial hysterectomy when i was 29 years old. For the last three years I have been hot flashing and feeling strange. I'm tired all of the time and my ovaries hurt. Is this how menopause feels? Crying or Very sad My skin is very dry and my hair is even changing texture. My husbands complains about me being moody. I'm not sure if it is menopause or something else. I never had these kinda of problems before. I thought I would have some changes after the hysterectomy but not this soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mamabear4
|

replied March 31st, 2008
MENOPAUSE
I suppose that the symptoms you are experiencing might be due to menopause.Better consult your family doctor.
http://www.mymenopausecommunity.com/articl es/menopause-symptoms/early-menopause-symp toms.html
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Thyroid imbalance can cause menopause type symptoms in some women. A simple blood test to check thyroid levels will reveal any problems. See your doctor about this.
|

replied July 11th, 2011
Hiya Sadie1, I am also 34 and had my Hysterectomy when i was 27, I had previously had a Sterilization done at the age of 21..(medical problems) I have started getting the same symptoms as you are having. I am now frantically searching the web to try and find out more about it all. I have to say that I do feel a bit daft asking my Doctor about Menopause at such an Early age, but it maybe worth us both getting it sorted out. My symptoms include, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, weight gain, mood swings, dizzy spells, and generally feeling off. I wish you all the best hun, I really do xx
|

replied November 9th, 2011
I am 37 who had a hysterectomy that left me w/ half an ovary at 34. I just went to my dr and got all my hormone levels checked and I am in full blown menopause.. She put me on a prescription cream called c-progesterone, along w/ DHEA 25mg over counter pregnenolone, as well as NAC the last three are over counter hearbal, I honestly started having more energy the next day. I had just sucumb to the fact I was tired all the time due to my hip replacments that messed up my back, it made me feel wonderful to know that the tiredness was not normal and i could possible be myself again..Highly, suggest you have levels checked before you take these meds,but if you dont' have insurance or it won't cover these test. Talk to a pharmacist.. they are natural medications in your body. and they aren't that expensive if they dont' work. Hope this helps
|

replied November 9th, 2011
I am 37 who had a hysterectomy that left me w/ half an ovary at 34. I just went to my dr and got all my hormone levels checked and I am in full blown menopause.. She put me on a prescription cream called c-progesterone, along w/ DHEA 25mg over counter pregnenolone, as well as NAC the last three are over counter hearbal, I honestly started having more energy the next day. I had just sucumb to the fact I was tired all the time due to my hip replacments that messed up my back, it made me feel wonderful to know that the tiredness was not normal and i could possible be myself again..Highly, suggest you have levels checked before you take these meds,but if you dont' have insurance or it won't cover these test. Talk to a pharmacist.. they are natural medications in your body. and they aren't that expensive if they dont' work. Hope this helps
|

replied December 1st, 2011
Partial Hysterectomy and Menopause
In 2005 at the age of 24 I had a partial hysterectomy. I was told that I would go through menopause at a normal age. However, about 2 years later I began struggling with extreme fatigue. Thanks to my sister-in-law's homeopathic chiropractor, I began looking into hormonal imbalances. Since I lived in a different state I contacted a naturopathic doctor (since normal ones kept telling me I wouldn't be going through menopause yet.) I came to find out:

1. My hormones were low for a post-menopausal woman. If I had been 55 years old, I would have struggled with the lack of hormones. But since I was 28 years old my body was in shock, it didn't know what to do.

2. During a partial hysterectomy the blood vessels to your ovaries are damaged and so about 1 1/2 to 2 years later your ovaries begin to shut down.

I am now taking estradiol, testosterone, and progestrone . It is amazing how much more normal I feel. Please get your hormone levels checked. Don't be afraid to ask your doctors. Demand to be taken seriously. Don't be afraid to switch doctors if yours is not listening to you! Don't give up. It took about 2 years of tweaking to get the right level of hormone prescription.
|