Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

What Is Circumcission?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I don't know anything about it? FILL ME IN! Does it make your penis bigger, what is it..... i don't even know if my penis is circumsized or not!!!! Please respond and help me as soon as you can!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
how old are you
|

13 years old
|

Especially eHealthy
i suggest you go read up on circumsision a bit

youve got alot to learn
|

Experienced User
Yea dude i'm 13 also, you might want to go google search it if you have not been told what it is, im not gonna try to explain it
|

User Profile
Supporter
Oh, c'mon guys. He came here to ask a question.

Circumsicion is the removal of the foreskin from the penis. Hopefully you know what a foreskin is... the elastic like skin that covers the head of the penis. If you do NOT have this.. you were circumcised.

It is most often done on a newborn to *supposedly* help prevent future infection... though this has often been argued, and, in many cases, proven false provided the child is kept clean.

Circumcision is also performed on men and boys who develop chronic or severe infections of the foreskin.

Other men do it for mere cosmetic reasons.

If you have more questions, don't be afraid to ask!
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: What Is Circumcission?
Boy wrote:
I don't know anything about it? FILL ME IN! Does it make your penis bigger, what is it..... i don't even know if my penis is circumsized or not!!!! Please respond and help me as soon as you can!!!!!

Males are born with a piece of skin that covers the length of their penis. This is a natural covering; it benefits both male and female during sex, and it protects the penis.

Due to several religions, this covering of skin is sometimes removed. This is normally done when the male is a baby, only a few days old. No anesthetic is used; the skin is just cut forcibly from the tiny penis.

Circumcision is almost never done in adulthood. It does far more harm than good, and is thankfully being done less and less.

No, it does not make your penis bigger at all. If you have a long covering of skin over the head of your penis that completely covers it when you are "soft", then you are not circumcised. If you can see the head of your penis all the time, then you are circumcised.

You should talk to your dad!! He can tell you all about your body and things like that. He can also tell you if you've been circumcised, if you're still not sure.
|

replied March 27th, 2014
Guys some how... i hv managed to pull the fore skin of my penis down.... but the lower part of the skin is still attached with the glands.... n its very difficult to remove it.....
Is it normal or I should go for a check up
|

replied March 27th, 2014
I'm not able to strech it down while erection..... n not able to see thr prnis head at the time of erection....
|