Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is it normal for a 17 year old girl to be missing her period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Is it normal for a 17 year old girl to be missing her period?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper spiderman16
|

replied November 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you having unprotected sex?
|

no. can you get pregnant from oral sex? but if a girl is giving a guy oral sex. and the guy ejaculates a little bit in the girls mouth. then the guy kisses the girl. then the guy gives the girl oral sex. is there a chance sperm can still be alive?
|

Extremely eHealthy
An extraordinarily tiny chance that I'm sure is less than 1% o.O

It's normal to have irregular periods. Just talk to your doctor about it if you're worried. I doubt you're pregnant unless a penis has been near your vagina lately.
|

but doesnt sperm die if it is in the mouth?
|

soo. i got my period on 10/06. and i usually have a 28-35 day cycle. so i was suppose to get my period on 11/03. and the whole situation about the oral sex happened on 10/28. so yeah. and today is the 10th. am i stressing about this?
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
okay

NO NO AND NO
you cant get pregnant from oral sex
if you dont know that and you seriously think you can then you dont need to be haveing sex

your period is probably irregular
if you haveint had VAGINAL INTERCOURSE then you CANT GET PREGNANT

please get on birth control and do a little research before you ever have any kind of intamate encounter again
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Is it normal for anyone to miss a period let alone a 17 yrs old , YES. It does not necessarily mean she is pregnant. There are many reasons women and girls miss their periods. Delayed ovulation, cysts, changes in excercise, cycles and so on.....

Can one get pregnant from oral sex and semen in the mouth . NO!
Sperm will NOT survive long enough in the volotile conditions of the mouth , In fact, sperm cannot survive in the vagina of an unfertile women . Sperm thrives in cervical mucus which is only really present for a few days a month inside the vagina....
|
Quick Reply