Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Vaginal Swelling in later term of pregnancy (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
hi im 36 weeks pregnant and have had some recent vaginal swelling...its not too painful until i get up and walk around like at the mall or walk for a few hours...i have some discharge its a light white and has no odor so i just wanted to hear all your opinions. i do have a drs appointment schedualed for within the next week and will be discussing this with her so no need to fret about that
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper papudi
|
Users who thank soldierswifey for this post: FourthTimeMommy 

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Hmmm
i really find it irritating when people read posts and dont reply i mean i took time to write this and really would like help not just people reading it and ignoring it but whatever....
|

replied November 20th, 2013
Hi there. I found your post very helpful as I am on my third pregnancy and a lot of walking or standing at 32 weeks has left me quite uncomfortable.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Often, vaginal lip swelling is caused by a typical yeast infection. I'd talk to your doctor about it before thinking about trying to treat it with over the counter medications though, as pregnancy changes everything and this may not be the cause at all.

I wish I could be more of a help, but it's hard to assume the cause since this could also be just a normal symptom of late pregnancy.
|

Especially eHealthy
ahh sounds like normal pregnancy stuff but call your doctor

sorry no one got back to you sooner. not many people visit the 3rd trimester forum
you should post this in pregnancy instead
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks
ya i will do that thanks for ya'lls help
i havent tried meds and wont until my dr tells me
i have an appt. on the 20th so its all good
but ice packs do wonders omg!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Haha, I bet.

I JUST saw an ad on tv for a kit made by vagisal that can actually test at home for a yeast infection. It comes with an little indicator thing and tests your vagina's pH or something, and that way if it is in fact a yeast infection, you can go ahead and get a cream now instead of waiting until the 20th for answers.
|

replied July 20th, 2009
swelling
yea i m having tht problem i m in 36 weeks i had tht about 2 mos ago its irretating she told me thts the vericose veins nothing to worried about.but i shud use the Ice pack.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
A puffy, swelling vaginal area is quite normal. The progesterone your body is producing is turning up the volume on your sex organs, engorging them with blood and fluids. You may notice all of your mucous membranes (including the ones in your vagina) becoming much more lubricated and swollen as well.

but get it checked just incase
|

replied April 10th, 2010
Pregnancy vaginal swelling
hehehe, for pregnant woman, this is called "cheeseburger crotch"... for obvious reasons.
I had the unfortunate experience myself last week after being intimate with my husband. At the moment I am 30 weeks pregnant, and I understand the discomfort of vaginal swelling. Fortunately you already found ice packs, and also sitting in a chair that lets you recline so you aren''t putting pressure on your tenders helps the swelling subside as well.

The wonders of pregnancy no one talks about. I suppose there is not a polite way to bring up swollen vagina, lol Smile good luck !!!!
|

replied April 15th, 2010
i m 36 weeks pregnant and got the same problem. although mine does cause some sherp pains when i move - example getting out of bed. spoke to my midwife about and she said its perfectly normal, she said its the varicose veins and the blood flow causing it. unfortunately we just have to live with it. i hope it doesn''t cause unneccesary pains when i n labour tho
|

replied December 5th, 2013
this was very helpful, i went to my doctor not to long ago and he looked down there and i didnt even have to tell him that i was swollen, but i mentioned the pain and he never gave me an answer as of why or what to do about it.
|

replied June 27th, 2011
I have the same problems! i had to get a mirror just to see what my vagina was looking right! im 32 wks and 2 days. but anyway,when i was lookn at my vagina,its seems like my whole bottom area is gettn fatter and sore!...how long does this last??
|

replied July 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Until after the birth. Keep it cool and dry. Do not wear any tight or synthetic clothes. Wear only cotton panties or no panties at all when it is safe to do so. Wash well in all the folds with normal water and your fingers. Pat yourself dry (or use a hair dryer on cool) whenever you get wet (toilet, swim, bath). You can use ice packs covered in towels or wash cloths to cool it down and bring down the swelling. Sit with your legs open to allow air to circulate ( of course when it is safe).

For some women, sexual arousal and orgasm can also help to get the blood flowing and bring down the swelling a little bit when the blood drains. Make sure it is safe. If your doctor did not prohibit it, it is normally safe.

Take care!
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
I thoght I had a prolapse! Im so uncomfortable. It has been wonderfull to reade that others are going through the same and Im not on my own. Love the idea of an Ice pack! Anyone been through birth with this? Im 32 weeks and am very nervous of my birth just because of the pain!
|

replied August 21st, 2011
swollen vulva
don;t worry about your sore swollen vagina during labour and childbirth,it won't be a problem ,the pain of labour will overwhelm any other pain you may be in at the time.for relief until then my ob/gyn told me to wear tight underwear with a large pad on to keep everything tightly packed .it realy does work 'particularly if your on your feet a lot.this is my 7th child and i've suffered from this with my last 3 children,it keeps getting earlier with each pregnancy,don't worry though as it disapears completly after the birth and everything down there returns to normal shortly after the birth ,until then you just have to grin and bear it, even though it feels as though your vagina is trying to turn itself inside out,good luck with your bub.
|

replied August 9th, 2011
I'm dealing with the same thing, except I'm 26 weeks along. So I'm hoping that this is normal and not an infection.
|

replied August 24th, 2011
Swelling in Vagina
I am having similar issues but have no pain or discharge associated I just notice that when I go to wipe there is substantial bulging on both sides. At 1st I thought maybe I was feeling the head of the baby or something....kind of freaky. Then I heard about varicose veins of the vulva. I'll have to check with my OB (I'm 31 weeks pregnant) but this seems like the culprit for sure.
|

replied September 27th, 2011
I was told this could happen after sexual intercourse if the female or male are not lubed up enough, that and the roughness of the intercourse can cause pain and swelling as well. :/
|

replied November 26th, 2011
Yep, I'm 31 weeks. I was waiting for this to happen since it happened with my first child... And it finally hit this week. Everything feels and looks like its turning inside out. Everything down there is larger and protruding more than usual. Nice, like sex and feeling somewhat attractive wasn't complicated enough, now you even have to feel ugly down there.I was just asking yesterday why no one ever mentions this in all the pregnancy talks. Then I saw this post. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! It helps!
|

replied December 20th, 2011
Help help.. I'm having the same problem but my one is very painful
|

replied January 9th, 2012
I am 31 weeks & 2 days & I am having this swelling on the upper most part of vagina.No pain,no discharge..this is my first pregnancy so I am little afraid & i think m shy to talk to my doctor about it.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
I am 31 weeks & 2 days & I am having this swelling on the upper most part of vagina.No pain,no discharge..this is my first pregnancy so I am little afraid & i think m shy to talk to my doctor about it.
|