Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Colpitis

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i think the right term is colpitis (candita ..when vagina tingles and the vaginal fluids are smelly and cause these tingles..). I have it very often..even without sex..even if i am very concerned and carefull with my hygiene..again i have problems..if i am stressed or worried, here it is again..i am so tired..after medication stops, it comes again..i'm wondering if someone else has the same problem and what she does about that..my doctor proposed me to put in my vagina yogurt with live active yogurt cultivation..some times it works..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry, I don't have much advice for you. I've never had a yeast infection. I hope everything turns out okay for you.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
There are over the counter medications that work much better, and if you can't find them near where you live they are probably available online. Look for Monistat (that is a popular brand)
|

There Are Over the Counter Medications That Work Much Better
well..the matter is not the medication..as i said i am taking the medication..the matter is that it comes again and again..after medication i am clean (according to microbiological tests) but in few while it is back again..i think it has to do with my defense..the yogurt was really helpful but it didn't solved it totally..i want to know if someone else has the same problem with me..and how she deals with that..
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
So what's going on with you? Are you on antibiotics, birth control, steroids, or anything? Do you have any diseses? Are you using antibacterial soap/nylon underwear, thongs, scented toilet paper, soaps, etc.? Do you douche?

All of these are causes of recurring yeast infections.
|

So What's Going On With You? Are You On Antibiotics, Birth Contr
no, nothing of all these..i don't take antibiotics..and i am never wearing string, thong or nylon underwears ..i am also very careful with soap, only neutrals PH, no perfumes etc..also i am careful with the soap i am washing my underwears....i did everything the doctor said..only cotton large ugly underwears, try to stay dry, no soaps, iron all my underwears, very careful with sex and always condom..i cannot understand..i do everything i must do..and it comes again and again..i have no other disease, and i am having test pap twice a year, and it is clean..i have no idea what it is going on..it is not bacteria..most of times it is candita..i cannot understand how i get it..i am so much troubled with this matter many years now, and u know it ruins my quality of life..it feels so awful..
|

and another question..can i get it back from my bf? i mean in Greece the doctors are very strict about that and they give both medication (man and woman) but here in uk doctor told me that there is no need for my bf to take anything..and in Italy the same..I'm getting crazy with this story..i am afraid to touch my vagina because i am to scared if i will transfer any microbes! I became crazy with cleaning matters..i sterilize almost everything..
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well, yes, you can give it to a man, and he can give it back to you. Men can carry yeast infections and not show signs of it. Maybe have a doctor test him?
|

replied November 13th, 2007
I am not taking it from him.. he had tests, he took medication..afteral it comes by itself as i sad..even without sex..i cannot understand what is happenng to me..i go to the doctor everytime..but i do not have results, and i went in many doctors..
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
What do you mean you didn't have results? Did they test your yeast infections? And they found you didn't have any?

Sometimes the treatments for yeast infections can cause bacterial infections, and treatments for bacterial infections can cause yeast infections. That's something to talk to your doctor about.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
sometime is might not even be a yeast infection. I was treated over and over again for one and finally my doctor told me it was all in my head. I went to female doctor and she ask me if they ever checked my sugar( that is a cause of reacurring yeast infections).. Sugar was fine so they did a pap and she found pre cancerous cells on my cervix. I had them frooze off and no more yeast infections..
Stupid Doctor, "all in my head" RIGHT..
My point is. I'm not saying you have pre-cancerous cells, but it might not be yeast infection.. Make them so other test until they know what it is!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Right- underlying conditions can cause recurring yeast infections. I would find a doc and keep pushing for them to figure it out.
|

well..the thing is that i am in touch all the time with doctor..everything happens i discuss it with him..but he sais it maybe stress..i am having test pap twice a year and it is clean..i also did test for other diseases and it was also clean..it is really weird this thing..some times i have really intense itching and my skin is all red but when i do a microbial test, everything is clean..other times it is candita. It is a real problem for me..i cannot understand what goes wrong and what can i do for that. the truth is that stress is killing me but sometimes i cannot avoid it..since September i had this thing 2 times!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
amyamy wrote:
well..the thing is that i am in touch all the time with doctor..everything happens i discuss it with him..but he sais it maybe stress..i am having test pap twice a year and it is clean..i also did test for other diseases and it was also clean..it is really weird this thing..some times i have really intense itching and my skin is all red but when i do a microbial test, everything is clean..other times it is candita. It is a real problem for me..i cannot understand what goes wrong and what can i do for that. the truth is that stress is killing me but sometimes i cannot avoid it..since September i had this thing 2 times!

Well, only twice isn't exactly recurring... but anyway

some women get yeast infections in relation to their period or at a certain time in your schedule. Does that seem likely to you? Because if that's the case, you can track when you get infections during the cycle and just be prepared with some over the counter monistat or something during that time.

But if nothing is working and it keeps coming back, I'd just go to a different doctor. That stinks, though.
|
Quick Reply