Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Constant nausea caused by anxiety ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I've been dealing with the constant nausea and feeling like I'm going to throw up for the past two years now. I am a sophomore in college and can't even go out to a party without worrying about, ok how am I going to feel a few minutes into the party, do I have a way to leave if I start to feel bad, even can't stand to be with my roommate because I feel even more worked up around her. The doctors think it's anxiety (and I'm on Clonzopen) which helps mildly every now and again.

No one know what it is and frankly, I have thought about and tried to commit suicide because of it. I am just so fed up. I feel like I have no hope. If it wasn't for my friends and (my family doesn't really know fully about it) my fiance, I wouldn't be here today.

Good luck to all of you and if anyone figures out some sort of explanation, please let me know!

God bless and I hope those of you with this feeling don't ever have to go through the same thing that I have been through or for how long I've dealt with it (and continuing).
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AlexXD
|
Users who thank JustWantItToStop for this post: kungfumike  happycv  Bubbles127 

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hey Justwantittostop- that sounds rough.
Check out some similar posts we have going about physical symptoms of anxiety- it is definitely common. Who are you currently seeing for it (who prescribed you the clonzophen?) I want you to know that you CAN feel better. You need to find a good psychiatrist or psychologist that you trust and talk to them about what you are experiencing. You might need to change medications, change dosages, or add therapy to your treatment. But you can get better, I promise!! Take charge of your health and find someone who can help you. Shop around till you find someone you like and trust to treat you sucessfully.

Let us know how it goes...
|

replied November 16th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey
Sounds just like me, Reading this i kind of said "All of the above", I am only 13 and i'm suffering from this. And yes, It is anxiety, For me at least. Think this way, "I am perfectly fine because i'm not sick with the flu or haven't eaten spoiled food". Humans are not supposed to vomit, And for most it is a rare occasion. Right now i feel really really really nauseous, But i know i am not going to get sick because i haven't had any way to get sick. You just have to find a way to cope with it. You CAN make yourself better at any time, It is a matter of how badly you want to, Just keep a postitive attitude.... I'm just rambling now. But i hope you get better, I suffer from the same thing, You ARE NOT alone. And i'm 13.
So i hoped i helped...
~Alex
|
Users who thank AlexXD for this post: liviaaxo  EmmaNicole 

replied September 3rd, 2011
Wow, for a 13 year old that sure was amazing. Im 16 and yes me as well feels nauseous, but for me i cant never tell when im hungry or when i feel like i am going to throw up. Yes i have the same issue, with the thinking of,' I know i wont be sick so why am i still worrying about it?!' My mother also tells me that yes, it is all in your mind and you can make yourself better, thank you for writing this because it made me feel better (:
|

replied November 18th, 2012
I'm also 13 and this problem has been with me all my life, to be honest. I'm glad you didn't have it as long as I have. You get used to it, but it does take time. Later on, you find something to think about that comforts you. I promise you, it gets better. Though, I'm worried I might have it for all my life, unlike the others in my family which never had such a thing. I'm just glad my friends and family don't have this problem. I hope you are old enough, if age matters, to get rid of this problem faster.
|
Users who thank hanimallover for this post: Lissy123 

replied January 6th, 2014
Thank you from me to! I am a 16 and I also suffer from everything you are to. The nausea is sometimes unbearable and effects my everyday life. The fact I know that there are other people out there who feel the same way I do, gives me the sense of hope and confidence that we can get better and fight this issue of anxiety. Thank you to whoever has posted about their anxiety, you have made me feel less alone with my issue of anxiety.
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Alex
I like what I am reading. You have done a complete turn around! I am so proud of you. You have turned yourself from a chronic neauseated poster into a great helper. That is wonderful. And how right you are. I think the more you practice this the better you are going to fell. Nice to see the brighter side of you in a thread now Alex. I knew you could do it if you set you mind to it. Keep up the great work, you will do just fine.
You should post a success story Alex!

Hugs,
Carrie
|

replied August 17th, 2008
You're not alone
I can definitely relate to what everyone is saying. I started feeling nauseous off an on the Summer before my sophomore year of college. I'm going into my senior year now and it's been happening more and more often. I always thought it was just due to my birth control pills, but I finally got fed up and went off them and the nausea just continued. This Summer I've been nauseous almost every morning. It usually lets up as the day goes on, but sometimes it doesn't. I'm afraid to eat in front of people because I worry I'll throw up and they'll be disgusted by me. I'm also afraid to go more than a few miles away from home because I worry I'll feel sick and won't be able to go home immediately and lay in bed until I feel better. My doctor did full bloodwork and an ultrasound and it was all normal, but I'm still paranoid that he missed something. I went to a psychiatrist recently and got a prescription for Remeron, but I haven't taken it yet because I'm paranoid it will make me feel worse than I already do, even though it has anti-emetic qualities. My 84 year old grandmother always says that she's afraid to leave the house because she never knows how she's going to feel and I feel the exact same way, but I'm only 21.
|

replied May 26th, 2011
Wow I really am not alone! I have the same thing as you and almost everyone else here. I literally don't leave home because I am scared of feeling anxious or nauseous or making a fool of myself. I have felt like this for 5 years and I am on Celexa. I am a college junior and don't have many friends because I have isolated myself due to my anxiety. Hope you get better!
|

replied June 27th, 2011
me too im only 15 and im not so bothered about BEING sick (although thats obvs not nice) im so worried about the feeling of nausea you get when you have severe food poisoning or something like that. I thought i was so alone and thought to myself surely one human being cant feel THIS ill all day everyday. So i obvs now have anxiety over FEELING sick. I just desperatly don't want to feel the feeling you know when you just feel that ill. Luckily i dont feel that ill every day i just have a feeling of "unwell" in me which i panic and think " i cant go out today incase it progresses" so i feel as if i need to be at home if i am going to feel that ill. So badsically remember the time you had your worst sickness ever ( probably from food poisoning or another) THATS what i NEVER want to experience again. God bless you all and we will live a life free from nausea and anxiety. x
|

replied October 10th, 2011
Im the exact same way. I dont even leave my house with food in my system because im afraid im going to throw up in front of ppl. So everyone thinks Im just a loner but they dont know how hard it is to live with this everyday. sometimes i just wish i could talk to someone with the same problems, someone who could understand..
|

replied December 28th, 2011
I am here to talk... i am the exact same way and it ruins your life...contact me if ud like to talk Smile
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
chronic nausea help?
I am a sophomore in college. I have had chronic nausea since 11th grade. It is worse int he morning when i wake up. I go from being so nauseous that i feel like i am going to throw up to feeling so hungry, like a starving feeling. Then I eat and get full right away. I have had an endoscopy and blood work done 2x;s and so far everything is negative. I have been having panic attacks too. I don't understand it because I am usually not worrying about anything. Today i dry heaved 9x's because I was trying out for a soccer team and I didn't know anyone else on the team. I can not stand living like this, What will help me get over this. The other day I took dramamine and it helped a lot. I got to a counselor but the nausea continues. Help! I am open to any suggestions....sick of being sick!!!!
|

replied January 5th, 2013
After years of struggle, this is what works for me.
I am now 34. I have been fighting anxiety and panic attacks my whole life. Unfortunately, back in the day before we have meds like we do today, it was dismissed as the stomach flu/bug. Growing up with this condition was hell. I remember when I was 6 years old and counting how many times I threw up in one night...it was 11. Fighting this condition through grade school, high school, undergrad school, and grad school was torture to put it lightly. Various scenarios in both my personal and professional life would trigger my episodes.

I understand that some anxiety is a normal human condition, however, when it becomes a factor of causing medical issues, such as vomiting, increased heart rate, antisocial behavior and separation of living a happy life; one should seek help. When I was around 20 years old, I decided to consult a psychiatrist. I have been prescribed about every medication that is on the market. Remeron, paxil, lexapro, clonazepam, and diazepam...just to name a few. Unfortunately, none of these really helped and mainly just caused me to gain weight. I also tried hypnosis and cognitive therapy. However, what did help was a benzodiazepine known as Xanax (Alprazolam). This is a narcotic, it is addictive, and requires a great deal of respect and discipline in order to take it responsibly. Because of this, most doctors will not prescribe this medication alone. Instead, request it as an immediate relief medication to be used on an as-needed basis because it DOES work. By immediate, I mean within 45 minutes to an hour, you will actually feel it start working. The key is to take it proactively, for example, I take one about an hour before I have to make a presentation at work. I have a prescription for 0.5mg three times a day as-needed and on average I take only two a day. You will not only feel no anxiety or nausea, you will feel calm, comfortable, and collected in situations and environments that would normally cripple/sicken you. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish when the anxiety and panic are not an issue.

I want to share my story and what works for me with everyone because I hope that it will help those with my same condition live a better life. Nevertheless, do not give up. If a physician is not giving you the right meds, go to another until you find the right one that truly wants to help and treats you as an individual without denying you medicinal relief because of others who have abused meds in the past.

Good luck to all, you are not alone.
|

replied October 3rd, 2008
hi
hey i feel exactly the same its the most awful thing i have ever had to go through. My anxiety is cause by a fear of being sick, so when i go out i think im going to be sick so have to sit beside a door or toilet i am so scared of catching a stomach bug its just ruining my life its all i ever think about im so glad im not alone it nice to hear about people just like me Very Happy
|

replied May 13th, 2011
Hi
Hi Kez, i really thought i was the only one who felt this way. My anxiety is taking over my life and majority of mine is being scared of being sick, i cant leave the house or go to the shops because im scared i will throw up and people will laugh or think im disgusting. I don't eat anything but toast because I am scared of food poisoning or anything that might set my tummy off. It was really great to read your post and i hope you know your not alone because i feel the exact same way. Good luck with your recovery and if you need someone to talk to please feel free to message me
|

replied June 27th, 2011
me too i eat NOTHING but toast. I have loast almost 2 stone due to this of not wanting to FEEL sick. I dont eat out, i only prepare food myself. It has totally ruined my life. I am 15 i should be out having a good time. I have been stuck in the house for 12 months worried about feeling sick.. and when i do start to feel nausea ( probably due to the anxiety ) i have panic attacks because i desperatly dont want to feel that awful feeling right before you get sick. I am slowly but surely getting better. God will bless us to get better.
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2011
Hey,
I'm fifteen too and it sometimes hinders me from doing things. I hate that panicky feeling you get where you know you might throw up (even though most of the time I dont)! I just pace around the house wringing my hands and it's miserable. But I can control it some and we will definitely all get better. Ginger ale and nausea or anxiety meds help. Also therapy is amazing! Smile anyways don't be afraid to live your life, cause almost all of the time you're not sick. God bless <3
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
14 And The Same!
Thanks goodness I'm not alone!!!! I'm 14 and like this! I used to be like EVERY single day but now I'm getting better. I hope I get better. It makes my life MISERABLE! And it's caused by anxiety from being afraid of getting sick. And I do the exact thing with walking around the house and the hands thing. Whew! I though I was really all by myself
|

replied January 11th, 2012
Me too!
I also have the same symptoms (chronic nausea and anxiety). I'm going to the doctor today. I'm hoping to get Celexa or something like it for my anxiety.

I also pace around the house for hours on end just worrying about... anything. If I don't have something worth worrying about, my mind will find something trivial to worry about =/

Before posting this I spent 15min changing around punctuation and grammar because I was worried it wouldn't read well... Why can't I stop worrying about everything? lol
|

replied December 21st, 2011
I feel just as many of you do. i am so scared of everything these days, tummy bugs, eating,taking medication, heart attack,something else physically wrong with me, loosing too much weight from worrying, worrying causes stomach ulcers. I am so tired of this worry and panic. Im afraid i am killing myself from worrying..I wonder if this is even possible. i dont really have anyone to talk to bc it is just me, my 12 yr. old son and 5 yr old son. I have had anxiety for many years and have been on BuSpar for 2yrs. but now in the past 2 weeks my panic/anxiety/worries have gotten worse. i have tried breathing, positive self-talk, uping my medication..any other ideas? I would just like to know that unfortunatly there is someone else that worries and panics like me.
|

replied May 10th, 2012
Same way!!
Fall out girl, I'm the same exact way!!! Ur not alone at all!!! Don't know if u will get this bc it's been a long time since u posted. Let me know how ur feeling now..
|

replied May 10th, 2012
Fall out girl, I'm the same exact way!!! Ur not alone at all!!! Don't know if u will get this bc it's been a long time since u posted. Let me know how ur feeling now..
|

replied September 3rd, 2011
That is my exact phobia ! Ugh, the stomach bug, I'm not alone!
|

replied November 20th, 2011
Hello!

My biggest phobia in the world is vomiting or seeing other people vomit. I've suffered from anxiety disorder and panic attacks ever since I was 7 and I'm 28 now. Whenever I have a stomach bug, I have such severe panic that I just pace around the house or sit by a window to get some air. What's helped me ever since is Paroxetine which is an anti-depressant but I also read a book about emetophobia which is actually a fear of vomiting and they recommended a medication (over the counter) called Motilium. It's amazing and takes away the nausea and always makes me feel better. I can't leave the house without the tablets, just in case I feel nauseaus again. I've always felt like a bit of a freak as my friends tell me just throw up and deal with it but I can't help the huge anxiety that comes along with it. As mentioned earlier, 28 and the last time I threw up was when I was 12 so it's not like it's a reaccurring event. Anyway, you guys are not alone but as mentioned, Motilium and anxiety disorder tablets have really helped and I can actually leave the house now as I have a very stressful job.
A.
|

replied January 17th, 2009
you are not alone
i am 23 years old and i have been dealing with nausea for 10 years. i use to be on a medication. alpazolam and it really helped and i feel like i should be put back on. i was also diagnosed with anxiety and have noticed that it is worse when i think about it or when i worry about it. my fiance is still trying to figure it out with me. i wake up and think how do i feel, everytime i go out i wonder how i feel even if i dont go to sleep right or i get chills, i think its because im coming down with something that is going to make me get sick. you are not alone..
|

replied March 13th, 2009
Thank God I'm not alone
I have been to two doctors, three nurse practitioners, had all sort of test, and guess what everything is normal. Hi I too have been dealing with nausea and retching up stomach bile for 2 months off and on. I just came off 2 weeks of symptom free bliss, now its back with vengeance. My story is in the summer of 2008 I went on a diet. I went from 210 to 160 in 3 months. I ate under 1000 calories a day, and I was feeling good. Then a series of events happened that took a dramatic change to my life. First I was laid off from my job, second my step cousin died of cancer at the age of 21, Third my mother had to go for open heart surgery. Then the nightmare began I started feeling emotions of impeding doom, chills, shakes, sick to my stomach, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, blurred vision, I really thought I was on my death bed. The out come Is I have been diagnosed with GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) along with loosing weight to quickly. Yes Anxiety and stress can cause Nausea, vomiting, in fact its the most common symptom of anxiety

Thank you hearing your stories have helped me

Good luck and keep up the fight.
|

replied March 25th, 2011
I can relate to your story but what did you do about it?
What did you do to combat it? I feel like I have a similar story. I went on a diet and exercise program which was very healthy. I lost 20-30 pounds in a course of 3 or so months. No longer after, I started dating a girl and we had our little stresses. Well one morning I woke up with the nausea and have since for at least 4 weeks. I have a feelings it's GAD, but I'm in a fairly good mood.

Did you take antidepressants, natural remedies, therapy, or just overcome it?
|

replied March 13th, 2009
wow.
I have never realized that other people have it as bad as I do too.
I'm 15 and I have anxiety, and lately it has gotten exceptionally worse.
After the passing of my father in October, things have gotten worse.
I wake up everyday feeling sick and go to school knowing I can't even be normal enough to sit down and take a test because my anxiety will kick in.
You feel on edge CONSTANTLY and you don't want to leave home. You can't be in a bug crowd or anywhere with allot of noise that at a concert.
I know EXACTLY how you feel and you will be okay. You just have to learn to calm yourself down.
I suffer anxiety, depression, turrets, BPD, and a mild case of skyzophrenia.
You are not alone and you will be okay.
I pormise.
|
Users who thank emmypointe for this post: WorriedSick06 

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2009
wow
i can't believe that everyone has the SAME EXACT THING that I have, and I'm only 13.
About a month ago, I started to feel really nauseus and was afraid I was going to throw up. I never did, and I got blood tests and an upper GI done to see what could possibly be wrong. They found NOTHING. I began to be afraid to leave the house and even go to school.
Now I know that it's just anxiety, and that if I cope with the feeling and think positive it will go away. I'm not fully cured, and feeling nauseus really bothers me, so if anyone has an another idea on what to do, please let me know. thanks! (:
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2011
Therapy, meds (if it gets to that point, you have to talk to a psychiatrist & stuff), ginger ale, EMDR, and love Smile all I have to say is you'll get better! You're not out of control and you're not alone <33
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Anxiety Nausea
16 years of anxiety.16 years out of my life.A panic attack so severe I miss most of our only daughters wedding,her graduation from uni and countless other events.To scared to go on a holiday as I usually end up in some hospital vomiting.Medication helps a bit bit but if it wasn't for the support of a wonderful husband & daughter I don't know how I would have coped.Surely someone out there can help us. Katie61
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2009
Snap
Snap i have been feeling like this for six months and my mouth waters asif im about to be sick it is terrible
i went to the doctors asweel nothing they can do ?
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
I know exactly what you mean.
I've had this for about two years as well and it has had a huge impact on my social life. It happened after I had a bad fever I had just threw up then took a short nap, later when I woke up, I felt as if I was going to throw up again so I shivered on my bed praying I wouldn't.
Luckily I did not, but a week after that, it started and the nausea came and went with great intensity so every time I went to go do anything I was hopuing I wouldn't feel it, but it did come, and I never really left the house because of it.
What I forgot to mention was that I have a terrible terrible fear of throwing up so you can realize how bad this is for me. Anyways, my weight dropped dramatically because of it, and I spent two months in the hospital recovering 25-30 lbs of weight lost. But while I was there, they ran every test they could on me, physically, yet they found nothing wrong. So they sent a therapist to me, but they couldn't find the reason behind this awful nausea. Now, a year later, I'm taking Emetrol with me wherever I go, in case it comes up, which is not often as it was before, seeing as how I'm less stressed, but it truely helps in my most extreme situations.
Emetrol is an over-the-counter medicine used to treat nausea and is safe for people with the flu or travel sickness.
I've been feeling better, but I still hate to depend on that medicine.
But for now, it's all I have to help, so I hope it helps you, and others, as well.
|

replied April 25th, 2009
Oh my word!!! Is there a cure!
I also have this stupid nausea thing. A year ago I had major stomach cramps and then got very nauseous and started throwing up. I went to the hospital but when I returned home I continued throwing up. I thought it was probably food poisoning. But I have never been the same since!A week after that I went partying and had a small amount to drink and I spent the wohole night up feeling like I was going to throw up. I now have a permanent knot in my stomach and feel nauseous most days, even as I write this now I feel like I might throw up. I have had a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy and nothing was found!!! My doc said its probably anwiety and has put me on wellburtin but I feel its just made it worse. I dont understand how I went from being normal to being sick all the time. It affects my work and my life I feel like I am not a whole person anymore. On top of all of this I have a massive fear of vomiting! Does anyone know of a solution please, Im so desperate!
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Panic Attacks
I was a senior in college when I got a GI bug, which I never seemed to recover from. I already had a pre-existing fear of vomitting, as well as anxiety, s o this just sent me off. Since then, I have graduated from college and I will be going to PA school in the fall. However, there is never a day that I do not feel nauseous and miserable. I take Xanax and Lexapro to control my anxiety but I just want to feel better. The nausea is dramatically affecting my life; I can barely go out in public and everyday, getting through work is a struggle. I always look for the closest bathrooom or eixt and I carry a varf bag around with me. I am 22 and I can barely go in public and sometimes when I do, my panic attacks flare up. I ahould be happy, but instead I am miserable.
|

replied June 8th, 2009
All of these posts sound very much like what my 17-year-old daughter is going through. I'm so sorry you're all dealing with this, too. We've been trying to help our daughter for 6 months now... To make a long story short, she got sick with gastroenteritis in early January '09. It was over in 48-hours, and she was left with nausea that got worse as time went on. She never vomited after the illness, but she has a really big fear of vomiting. She's had one upper and two lower GIs, numerous lab tests for things like H Pylori & parasites... all of her labs come back PERFECT. Doctors are stumped, and she is giving up hope. Sad She's lost 30 pounds since this started - and has dropped below 100 pounds. Sad I am really fearful and don't want her to lose any more weight... but most of all, I just want to be able to help her get well again. The doc had mentioned Celexa, to help if it might be depression-related (which I think may be a factor) but she refuses depression meds... she thinks that we think it's all in her head. I try to explain to her that that is not the case... but she stays in a very negative frame of mind, and that could be worsening her symptoms. She claims she misses eating normally, and even has made lists of foods she wants to eat when she's well again - but she never feels hunger. She eats only a few bites of food each day, because of the nausea. At night it seems worse. I don't know what to do. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
ScaredForHer: your daughter's nausea
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm 30, and after a brief sickness in January, I too have had daily nausea I just can't shake. I've been through numerous tests, too, all normal. I lost almost 10% of my body weight in a single week that was particularly bad. I can relate to your daughter, particularly the sensitivity to the idea that this could be "in my head". Please encourage her to try the Celexa just as an experiment. Introduce her to ginger. Make sure she somehow gets some protein every day, and try introducing fruit smoothies with flax seed oil in it for calories and nutrition. And keep looking for an answer. All the tests with no explanation can be discouraging, but nausea is a difficult symptom for doctors to work with as there are so many possibilities. Fresh air, a daily walk in nature, a little sunshine, water, adequate sleep, and trust in God can only help her. So can the love of a wonderful mom. I will pray for her tonight.
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
A few tips for those who have chronic nausea, especially when the cause is unknown. Besides the obvious importance of finding good doctors to help eliminate the possible causes of your difficult symptom - use this challenge as a springboard to reevaluate your lifestyle. Make sure you are getting enough rest, balanced nutrition, sleep, exercise, and have found a meaningful spiritual outlet. If you're losing too much weight, find Ensure in your grocery store - there are high protein versions and high calorie versions with 360 calories per drink. Use Ensure between meals as you can to help gain a little weight back. Organic apples are good for you to take daily, too, not for calories obviously but for nutritional support. Keep a symptom diary so you can check for patterns, particularly with respect to foods or experiences. Try ginger (ginger chews candy, ginger root tea, or capsules) as it is helpful for many with nausea. I also find that warm showers, short walks, gentle stretching (I've been too tired for yoga lately), back rubs, sleeping, laughter, and even a good cry are therapeutic. And when it's real bad, I use 1/2 a Phenergan. I also travel with a disposable bag inside my purse in case I feel really sick during the day - I've never had to use it but there is some measure of peace of mind knowing it's there. My heart goes out to all of those who suffer with chronic nausea, especially those of you who are so young. I wish you peace and courage as you search for your answers. Be well.
|

replied June 20th, 2009
Wow...Help!
I never knew that alot of people suffer the same thing as me..I'm 22 now and i've been having nausea since I was 12. I have the nausea everytime I have something planned with my friends, something at school like an event, or occasionally a test. I get it the morning of to the point were I wake up extremely early because the nausea is that bad and I throw up a few times, of course there's nothing to throw so it hurts alot. And this would go on either for one day or a whole week. The longest I've had this is 2 weeks where i have nausea everyday, I can't eat anything, I'm in bed the whole time, and I can't sleep. It gets to the point where i want to kill myself. I've been to my doctor, and he did a bunch of tests but nothing. He gave me anti-nausea meds but it does not work. I'm pretty sure it's anxiety but I can't afford to go to a psychiatrist. I do get nausea every morning but it usually goes away and it is not that severe. Please help!
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2009
FedUP7 - Please try your campus counseling center for some help. They should be able to set you up with a psychologist and tell you what options you have as a student for getting anxiety medication if you need it. Some people do get nausea as a response to a big event or exam. I'm sorry you've had to deal with it so long. Make sure you are taking care of yourself - getting enough sleep when you can, eating healthy food, exercising even if it's just a daily walk. These kinds of basic things are tough to do when you're an otherwise invincible young person, but do it anyway. It can help you physically cope with stress. And definitely, definitely give meditation a try. There are plenty of podcasts with guided meditation you can use for free (some lame, yes, but there are many good ones too). If anxiety meds don't help to control your periodic nausea, you should revisit the doctors to see if different tests can explain what's up. Wishing you health and happiness.
|
Quick Reply