Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pink Mucos/braxton Hicks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
so last night was pretty sucky

when we went to bed i started haveing BH. and then my lower back started KILLING me. so travis stayed up with me and after about an hour they stopped and i fell asleep.

well this morning when i woke up i was feeling fine like normal and i went to use the restroom and pee like always lol
and when i wiped i knowticed a huge amount of pink discharge comming out? so i looked at my pantyliner and it had pink discharge all on it too. so i went and got travis and his mom and showed her what it looked like. she said she got the exact same thing with travis when she was around 37 weeks and she had it for about 2 weeks before she went into labor

im 35 weeks 1 day and im wondering if anyone else is haveing this going on? or knows what it may be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2007
Supporter
Sounds like it could be your mucus plug coming away. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll go into labour any time soon. You're already 2cm dilated though aren't you? If you're losing your plug & getting severe braxton hicks maybe you should call your doctor to make sure everything's ok & you're not dilating even more. That baba's gotta stay in there for at least another 2 weeks!
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah im going to go call her because i dont want to take any chances lol
i was wondering if it might be my mucos plug?

yep im 2cm dialated already and have been for a little over a week and so im going to call her and see if she will maybe have me come in just to check and make sure things are ok and everything.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
The pink discharge could very well be your mucous plug coming out if it is kind of jelly-like, or it could be a sign that the actual mucous plug will come out soon. Some people walk around for weeks before giving labor after they lose theres, but some give birth just a day later. Keep in mind that not everyone loses an actual "plug" of mucous, sometimes it just comes out gradually.

My mom lost her mucous plug when she was pregnant with my brother about a week before she went into labor. Take it easy though, Suzy! I can't wait for your little one to be here, though. You better post one heck of a birth story... I've always wanted to do it without an epidural too because I hate needles and I was there when my mom got hers and it scared me to death... so I'm counting on you for advice girl for when my time comes! Very Happy
|

User Profile
Supporter
I'm glad you're calling your dr, Suzy! =)

The Mrs wrote:
I've always wanted to do it without an epidural too because I hate needles and I was there when my mom got hers and it scared me to death

Believe me, by the time you're in labour a teensy little needle (you won't even have to see it) is going to be the least of your worries. I gave birth without an epi, but I needed a spinal anaesthetic after the birth of my daughter so they could stitch me up & I couldn't feel the needle at all. Just go with the flow.. you might need one, you might not!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Let us know what the doctor says!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
How are you doing now Suzy? You haven't let us know what the doctor said. Hope you're okay!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
My doctor told me yesterday taht they really dont go by the mucus plug anymore..so she said it doesnt really mean anything...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I know they don't go by the mucous plug. I was just wondering how she's doing. I haven't seen her online in a while.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hope everythings ok Sad She's been gone all night i wonder if she's in the hospital?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That's what I was wondering.
|

Especially eHealthy
okay lol well im still haveing thick jellylike discharge. so i called my dr and her answering service had her call me right back around 4. she said that it sounds like my mucus plug but that this doesnt mean much because some women dont loose it til the end and some loose it earlier Smile

she did say i shouldnt be haveing more than 4 braxton hicks in an hour and that if they started to get close together or last for more than 20 seconds each to call her asap and she will have me head into st davids and get everything checked out
i have another weekly appt on wednsday so hopefully i wont have anymore BH
but tonight if it starts up again im going to the er
|