Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Natural Vs. Epidural

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
For those of you that had children(s):
did you get an epidural?
How was your expreince with that? Okay or terrible?

For those of you pregnant, what method will you use?

When I had my first child, I was so scared to have an epidural done because all the horror stories I heard. I mean I heard some bad ones.
So I decided not to have anything - all natural. Boy, was I in pain. 22 hours in labor. I'm hoping the second time around is better.
But now that I know how it feels to go through it naturally, i'm confused on what to do. Any advice? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I think im gonna walk alot and try to go natural. My sis had an epidural and it went fine. But I heard if you walk alot, I mean alot then it wont be as bad. My mom walked alot and she had 4 naturally so im gonna try to do the same.

Boy you disapeared for a while! Lol where have you been?
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Experienced User
For those of you that had children(s):
did you get an epidural? Nopers
how was your expreince with that? Okay or terrible?
Going competley natural was fine for me.. I wasnt in actual pain I was just uncomfortable
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Experienced User
I did disappear for a while. It's so hard being on here, here at work. I don't have a computer at home so it's difficult at times.

I've been so busy at work. I check in once in a while though.

Nikki - have you told your boss? Good luck!
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah same here when my boss is in, but he takes off for about an hour or two every day so I can get in. I know what you mean about not having a comp at home! I hate it!

No way I havent told my boss yet. Thats the one thing im scared of. Maybe next month, or the month after lol. Or maybe when im showing hahaha
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I had an epidural. It was great! All I felt was the pressure of them inserting the catheter.....I slept through almost my entire labor.....They broke my water at 3:30....Gave me pitocin at 4:30 got my epi at 5....And at 11 I was 10 cm but I was too tired and had no urge to push so I didnt start pushing until 12:10 and he was born at 1:25....It was a life saver!!! Im a wimp.....Only half an hour and I got my epi....Lol.
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im plannin on having an epidural for sure! I mean with all their technology I think their pretty safe and they follow allot of precautions~ I mean , if I could do it natural I will.. But I think I know I will get one!
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I had an epidural. I was in too much pain not to have one. Ethan was so big. I'm sure you could understand. Lol.

Blu
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I didnt have any drugs....I didnt even walk around...Cause I was dialated to 10 cm in a matter of two hours at the hospital..My cirvix wasnt thinned out enough, although, to push my 9 lb baby out. It really wasnt all that bad, 'cept the back labor.
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Experienced User
I used to be scared to death of getting an epidural but after I worked in labor and delivery and saw hundreds of women get them I got over my fear. I plan on getting one but it all depends on how much pain i'm in. I never saw any complications from having one.
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I'm planning to have an epidurla but i'm a lil scared. Tim wants me to go natural but I dont really wanna lol! I want the dmerol, epidural and maybe the gas hahaha yah im a wuss, I can barely put up with the crampings I get now haha!

Shauna
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I had 3 epis and ended with a c-section anyway!! What I always say is why be in pain if you dont have to be! !**@! get an epi!!! Laughing I never knew what the big deal about having baby natural was! It just hurts! Laughing
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I think its best natural because all kinds of women did it back in the day and im not gonna chicken out and not have it natural. I got pregnant the natural way, im gonna push this baby out the natural way too! Hahaha. I hope im like my mom and have no pain though! Im gonna walk like crazy as soon as jose gets me a treadmill! Lol
|
Quick Reply