Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Radiating Pain From Ear Down Through Cheek Bone

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi,
I have a very sharp pain that radiates from my ear down into my cheek bone, especially when I chew. I understand why I have it. To much chewing gum, plus not being able to chew on the other side. My question is, how is the best way to get rid of the pain. I've sadly given up my gum, but can't help having to chew on that side.

Thanks for your advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
chewing gum may not be the culprit. yes giving up gum is a good idea--but let me ask you ----do you have any kind of trouble with your jaw?
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Pain In Jaw
Hi Dyanmatteson,
So far I don't I have lost a lot of teeth on my upper left, and so have to chew on my right side. I'm planning on getting a couple of implants with enough room inbetween to have a another tooth added on a triple bridge. Actually my jaw has started to feel better, so I'm not exactly sure what was going on. Anyway I appreciate your response. I know that these messages boards can really get super busy.

Have a great day
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
no problem. if it gets worse you know where to find us:)
|

replied March 14th, 2009
I did a big yawned over a week ago and my upper jaw has pain that radiates on to my right ear. any idea how get rid of this pain

IJ
|