Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Speaking of Dementia...

Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....
Robs grandma is getting
BAD.

The other day, after Jim came home from down there (he goes down there everyday to help her out with stuff like laundry and just to keep her company) she called him, and durring their conversation she asked him the same question 3 times.. the 2nd time Jim made her write down the answer.. then the 3rd time she asked he goes, *mom, i just answered this.. you wrote it down.* and she was like, *I did?* and he was like, *Yeah. Its on your notepad.*

Then later, she called his cell, and goes, *How could you leave me in a place like this? Jim where am I?* and he told her at her house, and she goes *No, i cant be. I wouldnt buy a house like this.*

Its starting to upset Rob and his dad.. they're the ones that are really close to her and it seems shes deteriorating pretty fast.

:'(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That's so sad Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sorry to hear about that. It's so sad when the elderly start forgetting things...Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
My father is starting to be really forgetful. It sucks. You remember when they were on top of their game and now they can barely remember Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
the number one thing travis is terrified about getting older is going blind
for some reason hes scared to death he will go blind when he gets old
|

Especially eHealthy
well, she'll be 98 in February..

so shes doin pretty good for her age.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sandy_Pants wrote:
well, she'll be 98 in February..

so shes doin pretty good for her age.

Darn right she is!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Poor thing! I don't know anything about treatment for it. Do they offer any treatment? I thought I read something somewhere about medication for alzheimer's... Confused That must be so hard for them to deal with.
|

Especially eHealthy
There is some medication for Alheimers but not when it gets more advanced. And dementia (without alzheimers)... I don't know if that can be treated.

I hope she has someone carrying for her ~ like a live in aide or something. Because that can be very dangerous!
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah Jim (FIL) goes down every day from about 2pm til 7 or 8.

She used to take meds for it but i think Jim said its to the point where it wont help.

Shes SUCH a sweet person.. this is sad. :'(
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Thats gotta suck, my great grandmother is 93 and she is like that alot of times. but not quite as bad. But now she is going to live with my grandma and one of my grandmas friends for part of the year, i guess she cant stay in one place for an entire year. Last year she didnt even know it was her birthday , she was at my grandmas and was asking why everyone was over there and stuff. She likes to eat tootsie rolls while she is on the toilet too lol its kinda funny Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
That's sad. I deal with these types of disease at work, and it's heartbreaking.
I think she's doing pretty good too, 98 years on this earth....that's something to brag about IMO.

My grandma just turned 90 in October, and the lady I take care of will be 92 on Thanksgiving
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply