Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Long Term Cold, Running Nose, Lots of Mucus

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
doctor said it was allergies and prescribed many diff pills already but it's not going away. Have to blow my nose every 5 mins for the past year. It's getting annoying and just want it to stop. Have any club what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Lots of mucus, throat closing over but no cold.
I've got the same thing. Feel like my throat is closing up and always need to blow my nose but no cold-like symptoms.

Extremely irritating and a bit worrying!
|

replied September 14th, 2012
I've had "cold symptoms" for 18 months. Started 4 months after chemo. ENT man said no sign of infection. Sinuses clear. So referred me back to GP. I think this and other medical problems I have are caused by candida. Not recognised by NHS as a problem. So I've bought very expensive medicine over the Internet to try to destroy candida.My joint pains are going but the nasal probs are getting worse. Trying to clear nose with salt or bicarb solutions.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 24th, 2012
I would recommend this product I found called Sinus Rejuvenation Oil. It has done wonders! Also this website has tons of information on sinus education.

I hope this helps.
|