Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can Anyone Give Me Some Advice?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi there. Im 28 and have had depression for about 15 years. I seem to be just drifting through life not really caring about much. i dont have any passions or things I am good at (except being depressed) and feel like this will never go away.

I take anti-depressants but they only seem to work for a little while. I dont have any energy and dont go out much. I dont have any friends either and I feel like a burden on my family. They dont understand that I cant just 'fix myself' and it will all be better.

I think about suicide everyday (dont worry I have no plans to) and feel utterly hopeless about life. I have thought about moving and starting over somewhere but I cant escape from my own head.

I dont know how to help myself. I have an auto-immune condition that makes it hard to exercise (I know that helps with depression) and makes me very tired and weak. All I want to do is sleep all the time.

I came out of a serious relationship about a year ago now. I initiated the break-up because I thought that it was making me unhappy. Now I realize that I am more unhappy without him but he has moved on already.I have no idea how I will meet someone else and feel pretty lonely.

I have also started cutting which I have never done before. I think I do it just to feel something.

Im scared that Im in so deep I cant get out.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ravenheart
First of all, what anti-deppressents are you on? Reason I am asking is that there are "short acting" and "long acting" anti-depressents. For intstance, Xanax is a short term hard core medication used for severe anxiety attacks and are to be taken when the attack is first onset. I life is very short, but very good for a severe attack. Now, take Klonopin for intstance. That is a long lasting blood level medication that stays in you system for a longer leangh of time. Which enables you to have less onset of major attacks.
You might want to tell you doctor and see if something else might help better.
I take Klonopin and I too also have auto-immune condition. I have no engery anymore. I too spend a lot of time in bed when not ont the computer. Some days my legs hurt so bad, I can hardly walk. I start PT this month.

Hope this helps and if there is anyone out there that is experiencing the same thing, let's hear from ya.

Carrie
|
Did you find this post helpful?