Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Tingling, Numbness Under Right Shoulder Blade

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi, I have back problems, and have had back surgery in the past. For a few years now I have begun to have a numb, tingling sensation in the same spot right under my right shoulder blade. It is getting worse, and spreading a little bit I have noticed over the past few weeks. My right arm will go numb sometimes, and tingle badly. This usually does not happen at the same time that my should blade does. Do any of you have any clue as to what this might be? Thanks!!

Wendy 30 years old
Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Tingling, Numbness Under Right Shoulder Blade
seasonedwthsalt wrote:
Do any of you have any clue as to what this might be?

This is simple question. You have a nerve pinch in your spine around C6-C7-TH1. Propably on many other places too, because usually there are many. Many experts can give this same answer.

I bet you have mild scoliosis too. I suffered that problem about 10 years and visited chiropractic many times. Every treatment helped for half a day. But he couldn't correct my scoliosis so that's why the facet lock came back. After I found an expert who corrected my pelvis (the cause of my scoliosis) I no longer suffer from scoliosis nor that pain in under my left shoulder blade. I too had numbness in hand and that was caused by those facet locks.

I just don't understand why doctors don't know about them because almost every patient has them and they cause a lot of problems. I had heart problems, shoulder pain, tension neck, migraines, etc. All because of those locks in my spine caused by malaligned pelvis.
|

replied November 8th, 2007
Thank you so much for your quick response!!!

I had a spinal scan done once in Jacksonville, Fl. I lived there for three years, but I don't live there anymore. In the scan I saw that my pelvis is tilted pretty badly to the right. I haven't had that checked out, but like I said I had back surgery for other problems in my lower back. I have been disabled since I was 24, but am recently working very hard to overcome that.

The spot under my right shoulder blade has been numb and tingling all day long. You really think it might be mild scoliosis? I really need to be checked out. I haven't been to an orthopedic doctor since about 2001.

Can you tell me how you had your pelvis corrected, and what the recovery time was? I also found a few places here in the US that do disc replacements. I will have that done hopefully.

Thanks,
Wendy
|

replied November 9th, 2007
Experienced User
If you have tilted pelvis you can't have normal heathy back. And perhaps that tilted pelvis caused your problems in lumbar spine too. Pelvis and sacrum are the foundation of the spine. If they are tipped to some direction you will have many problems in your spine, body, muscles and feet too.
|

replied April 18th, 2012
tingling shoulder blade due to tilted pelvis/scoliosis--how to
expatient, please tell how your tilted pelvis was CORRECTED as you mentioned in your original reply ! Are you saying that scoliosis can be remedied by pelvic re-alignment?? Thanks
|

replied April 20th, 2012
Experienced User
Hello Wendy,

The problem and pain you are having, is caused by pinched and / or dislocated nerves around your shoulder blades areas. No Chiro, massage therapist, physiotherapist do this kind of work. These treatments are only known by special Osteopaths, no regular Osteopath, but special one. These nerves need to be reset soonest before they cause more problems and pain.

I have had many clients with this kind of problems & pain.
|

replied April 20th, 2012
Experienced User
Hello Wendy,

The problem and pain you are having, is caused by pinched and / or dislocated nerves around your shoulder blades areas. No Chiro, massage therapist, physiotherapist do this kind of work. These treatments are only known by special Osteopaths, no regular Osteopath, but special one. These nerves need to be reset soonest before they cause more problems and pain.

I have had many clients with this kind of problems & pain.
|