Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Dull Pain between shoulder blade and spine

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I had a dull pain between my left shoulder blade and spine for about 3 weeks. It finally went away on it's own. Then 2 weeks later it returned. It is still a dull pain in the same spot. It is really irritating me. Sometimes it radiates down my left arm and hand. I do not have any pain on inspiration or expiration. Any notion to what it might could be?
Thank You for your time,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 9th, 2007
I wish I could think of the name of what you are talking about. I don't think it has anything to do with the heart. With the symptoms that you are discribing try pressing down on your shoulder with the tips of 2 of your fingers , in different places, until you have covered the entire area. If it is what one of our patients had, it will send a radiating pain down your arm. If i'm not mistaken, it has some thing to do with a specific nerve. Go to the doctor and tell them your symptoms...
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2007
Supporter
Nerves...my experience, too.
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Experienced User
Very common symptom of a spinal facet lock. Just seek help from a manual therapeutist.
|