Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Spotting and blood in urine + difficulty urinating

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
After I peed today and returned to my room, I felt like I was going to wet my pants. It seemed like pressure was being put on my bladder and I needed to pee immediately. When I tried to, I couldn't and the pressure got stronger. I wiped myself anyways just in case and the toilet paper was a little pink. I was scared so I started doing a little research. I can't seem to figure out what it is but I think I'm spotting. I went to pee again a little later and it was very painful at first and then blood came out. I have been feeling this pressure for about 3 and a half hours now. It's extremely uncomfortable and I'm afraid to go to the bathroom. Crying or Very sad What can it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like it could be a urinary tract infection, you should see a doctor.
|

replied November 7th, 2007
hmm. I was thinking that too. I'll probably just go see a doctor tomorrow about it.
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
When you are peeing and seeing blood, is it coming out of your vagina or urethra? If it is from your vagina, you may be spotting, but if its from your urethra its probably something like a urinary tract infection. That would explain the pain along with it.
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2011
the same thing is happening to me now and i just stopped my period on the 5th of February. I'm really scared ; I've been reading things on the internet and most of them say it can be spotting or something going wrong with a pregnancy. I just had my daughter in October and it was a hard pregnancy, please help me out when you get some information. I just turned 16 years old
|

replied November 20th, 2011
It's more likely a urinary tract infection or kidney infection. I've had both several times and the symptoms are blood in the urine, feeling like your bladder is full and being unable to urinate. It's painful. What's more painful though is if you don't go to a doctor and it turns into a kidney stone. Passing one of those is much more painful and will land you in the hospital.
|