Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Morning Sickness All the Time

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi there-Im pretty new to the forum. I am 6 weeks 5 days and having morning sickness 24/7. I am able to keep food down sometimes but most of the time I can only eat crackers. Still taking pre-natal vitamins but worried not getting enough nutrients. Anyone else going through the same thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Im Right There With You!
Hey. I'm sort of in your situation. I'm 8 weeks and a couple days. The only diff for me is, I DON'T HAVE AN APPETITE! I've actually lost weight since i found out i was pregnant. I have been taking my Pre-Natal's, but i don't feel, that alone, is enough! But i'd say, just as long as your eating the proper foods and taking your vitamins, you'll be fine. I would talk to your Dr. just to give him an update on whats going on. I plan on doing so on my next apt.(3 days from now).

There's also these Candy's that you can buy to help with the morning sickness. They haven't helped me but i know of a few people they've worked on. You can find these candy's in Baby's R' Us and Baby Depot!

Oh and another tip - if you have the urge to vomit... DO SO! That's the only way you'll find some relief! And drink lots of fluids! (Water is the best)
Hope i helped!
|

Experienced User
Hello....I was 6 weeks and 5 days on the November the 7th as well Smile Thats kinda neat. I too have had a lot of morning sickness. I am taking ginger tabs. you can get them in the vitamin section most anywhere. I only take 2 in the am. I usually don't take my prenatal until after I have eaten a big meal....even if it is dinner. It seems to set better when there is more food for it to digest with. Hope this helps...good luck.
|

Wow! Thats weird we are the same day. When is your due date? Mine is June 27th. Ive been drinking ginger ale and sucking on ginger pops but that only helps some of the time. My doctor told me to try 2 childrens vitamins a day. They still have all the same ingredients and a little easier to digest. Have you seen the heart beat yet?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I have nausea all day long, but something that really helped me was eating saltines before I get out of bed in the morning. If you eat them for maybe 10 minutes then get up and get ready, it really makes a world of difference. I go to the doctors tomorrow, But i think im around 7 weeks, my due date would be around July 2, 2008.
|

Experienced User
To be honest my doc never told me my real due date. My af was so messed up after getting off the pill. So the first time i went in after I took the hpt he told me I should have been 11 weeks (that was based on my last per.) and my due date was may 25....then He did the ultra sound and and it was only the gestational sac. I actually had 3 u/s done before we actually saw the baby. So then he measured the baby and told me, on that day actually (11/7), that I was 6 wks and 5 days, the only thing was I was so excited about seeing the baby finally and hearing the heartbeat that I never asked my actual due date. My next apt isn't til dec. 5. I am going to ask then for sure.
|

Especially eHealthy
its normal

welcome to pregnancy lol

it doesnt get any better Sad
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2007
Sad hi i am new to this and i recently found out i am pregnant im ten weeks and some days today and will be 11 weeks monday january 1st. i just wanted to know what ami to expect on my first prenatal visit i am actually pretty scared (this is my first child) also i have been sick and i cant keep anything down ive tried it all and nothing works any ideas????
|

replied December 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
mommabear072108 wrote:
Sad hi i am new to this and i recently found out i am pregnant im ten weeks and some days today and will be 11 weeks monday january 1st. i just wanted to know what ami to expect on my first prenatal visit i am actually pretty scared (this is my first child) also i have been sick and i cant keep anything down ive tried it all and nothing works any ideas????

eat small meals
eat toast or crackers to help keep it down

at your first visit baically paperwork, blood test, questions, urine test
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Experienced User
.toast and crackers are great
. dont eat any spicy food
.milk is good too at night befor sleeping and if u dont like to drink milk u cant add some thing to it as banana or any kind of fruite
. if u eat 3 meals daily u divided them to 6 for example
.eat alot of fresh vegtables and fruites will be great
making smaple exercise as or walking in the fresh air that is too good too
|

replied October 10th, 2012
hi, i am new to this forum. I was also in same situation but now i am fine as i started taking ginger ale or ginger tea and lots of fluids. It makes me feel better. I also include cereals, fruits, nuts, dairy products, green leafy vegetables, soy, lentils in my diet.
|