Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Nausea Near the End of Pregnancy (35 Weeks)?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I'm thirty-five weeks, and I have been quite queasy lately. It hasn't been bad enough to make me throw up, but I wake up every morning feeling quite green around the gills.

It's really weird though, considering I never had morning sickness or nausea in the first trimester! But I can see, I didn't miss out on much! I used to get this way with my cycles though (I would have gradual nausea come on with AF and become severe nausea as ovulation approached, then after ovulation, I was fine). It feels very similar to the nausea I would get around O each cycle, so I'm sure it's something hormonal with pregnancy. Fortunately, ginger helps take the edge off the nausea, but I'm still a bit queasy all day until evening.

It sucks, though, to think you're in the clear with morning sickness and then have it come on so late in the game! Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It may be what you are eating. This is equally as common as first trimester morning sickness, believe it or not. Sucky, I know.

I couldn't eat anything greasy for fear of being terribly ill. Watch what you are eating and you might find a connection.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Ingi,

That's the thing though, my diet hasn't changed, and mostly, I eat pretty healthy foods except for occasionally. Usually, I have yogurt & a whole wheat English muffin for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch (today I just had graham crackers with peanut butter though) & fruit (apple, usually), and for dinner, I always cook with lean turkey, beef, or chicken and usually have salad & some veggies and it's never very greasy or spicy. Sometimes, I have a bit of chocolate as a snack. I have been eating this way my whole pregnancy, so it would be strange for my diet to be bothering me now.
|

Especially eHealthy
It can though. Hormones and space restrictions. I ate pizza. OMG I craved pizza with pineapple and pepperoni. Mmm. Anyway, when I was 7 1/2 months I could no longer stomach pizza. But I didn't realize this right away. No. It took a few nights of me throwing up all night long before I put the 2 together that, hey, when I ate greasy foods like Pizza, I spent the night in the bathroom throwing up - or wishing I'd throw up! I don't know which is worse.

Plus, you have a large little creature moving your insides constantly now. That is bound to make anyone feel a little ill sometimes.
|

Especially eHealthy
oh i know how you feel hun
im almost 35 weeks and i want to vomit at the slightest smell of something
|

replied November 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Bleh same here. I get so queasy at the smell of ramen noodles, or hash browns. Thankfully I don't throw up - my morning sickness in my 1st trimester was sooooo bad.

Any time you're feeling sick, nibble on a saltine - that always helps settle my stomach.
|