Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Pea Sized Bump Near the Top of Clitoris?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have a tiny bump near the top of my clitoris. It looks sort of like a pimple but it's a bit painful and nothing came out when I squeezed it. I had a problem kind of like this awhile ago and by the time I went to the doctor it had gone away and everything was normal. I'm sort of freaking out though. Just wanted to know if someone has experienced something similar. I plan to visit the doctor again but being the hypochondriac that I am, I thought I'd look into it before I went.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It doesn't sound like something to be worrying about, especially if it has happened before with no ill side effects. I get random lumps in my earlobes. They just go away on their own.
|

Well after awhile I noticed the bump looked white so I squeezed it and it popped like a pimple. There was no blood and today the size of it went down. It's still irritated but not as bad as yesterday. Could it possibly be a pimple or a clogged gland? Has anyone ever had this problem before?
|

Especially eHealthy
YES, it could have been a pimple.

You have skin down there, and pimples can happen any where there is skin and sweat glands.
|

Experienced User
You can get pimples down there. But it could also be an STD, but it doesnt sound like it. So it was probably a pimple
|

replied November 8th, 2007
my guess was it was either a pimple or an ingrown har that got infected.

i had one once and after talking with some of my girl friends (all of them had gotten at least one before) we came to the conclusion that its kinda common. but there are ways to prevent them:

1. after shaving or trimming your bikini zone or pubic area, use a gentle toner or astringent.
2. wash the area with a soap with no dyes, or fragerances. stick to something hypoallergenic
|

replied March 11th, 2009
i know this is yrs old but i have the same problem.. Yesterday it looked EXACTLY like a pimple, today it has a kind of red/brown "head" on it.. i don't want to squeeze it for the simple fact i don't want it spreading or getting worse... the only pain it gives me is if i touch it... did anyone go to a Doc/Gyno coz i'd like to know if it'll go away by itself. i have an appointment with the Gyno but it's in 20 days... im afraid that's too long away Sad
|

replied January 3rd, 2013
I know this was written a while ago but maybe it will bring some comfort to others researching the same thing. I went to my Gyno and she said it was nothing to worry about but didn't give me much else about it. I'm happy that it's nothing serious but there are times when it is painful and other times when it is not. I noticed that it gets bothersome when I'm about to get my period. I did some research online and some stated that if you put a hot compress on it that it will go away. I did just that last night (I'm talking scorching hot) and part of it actually popped but I still have some left. I'm going to continue doing that and if I have any good news I'll post again!
|

replied September 5th, 2009
I have the same problem as you and i know its not an STD casue im too young. Im not really worried about it but i was wondering what it was and if it goes away by itself?
|

replied January 8th, 2010
i am having the dame problem now and i wanted to know how long did it take to get white and if it will go away by itself...i got tested for everythign so i know its not an STD....
|

i am having the dame problem now and i wanted to know how long did it take to get white and if it will go away by itself...i got tested for everythign so i know its not an STD....
|

User Profile
my wife has that,not an std, just a freak of nature, its not harmful, it will go away but come back again.this is what her doctor said.
|

replied April 15th, 2012
I have a lump/spot directly on my clitorus on the left side, its pinky red, not paimful to touch or anything. I'm worried! What could it be?
|

replied October 14th, 2012
Answer
It can either be in fact a pimple. Your body is made to heal its self so let it heal and go away on its own because it will.
Depending on the situation that happend before it showed up. Because it could also be just a mini Charlie horse from rubbing on something hard or if you mess up that muscle. I have one currently the size of a marble, actually a little smaller but it's a Charlie horse lump from sex. Sometimes I get them after sex depending on how rough and how much we get into it.
|

replied October 31st, 2012
bump
Look up Belarian cyst. Probably what you all have experienced...No big deal. Just irritated.
|

replied October 31st, 2012
correction
I'm sorry I meant Bartholin Cyst
|

replied December 8th, 2012
Hello!
I don't think it's a Bartholin Cyst. You WILL know if you have a Bartholin Cyst. I had it for a little over 4 years, and it's extremely painful, extremely invasive, and it's not tiny at all. However, I did read everyones post. I too have/had a pea sized lump right above my clit. I noticed it yesterday. I'm very crazy about checking myself out down there (because of what I mentioned above) I noticed it last night, and went and checked it out in the bathroom. It looked a little white (more shiney) and I could see a brown, area on it. It looked almost to me at least, like "blood rising to the top of the skin". When I squeezed it, it hurt real bad. I kind of freaked out. I left it alone and I looked at it today again. I squeezed it again, and it popped. I believe it's a pimple, or at least in the pimple family (if that makes sense.) The only time I'd worry is it it's been over a week and it still has NOT A.) Popped B.) Gone away on it's own C.) reduced in size. Ladies, if anything is EVER wrong down there, it's not the end of the world to go see the OBGYN. It may be a bit embarassing, but they look at vaginas all day everyday. Unless you have a REAL stank ass vagina, where you haven't been washing for weeks/months I'm sure they've seen it before.
|

replied May 12th, 2013
I have the same problem. This is my first time getting one..but unlike most ofthe women above mine hurts like crazy no matter what Im doing!! But I did take a hot bath and a white head appeared but when I popped it puss came from two openings. Could it be bad that there is more than one head? Or should I just wait and see if the size goes down and then be worried if it doesn't..?
|

replied August 22nd, 2013
pimple like sore on clitoris that is irritating
I have the same thing maybe twice a year. Thought it was from having sex or using a toy there and was maybe from the friction or viberstion. I have always had clean std results. But my husband and i seperated for a few years off n on.. i still got my anaul check and had been usuing protection. Last year the i had the dr do a std test they told me they didnt check for half the things you would think they would. I told her no please do a full check up of labs. She "called" me and said i had a low lvl of genital herpes, and may never actually have its effects. Once i had this pimple like thing i freaked out that maybe it was herpes and i did really have it. Since she said the lvl could go back down to negative because it was so low and i would never have the side effects. My husband and I and friends of ours get canker sores in their mouths after eatting curtain foods. My husband has gotten them.since he was a child and when ever he eats oranges he gets it fdom the acid. The dr had told me that it can be caught from drinking after others and is also a type of herpe but not the sores you get around the mouth. Its usually a single sore that's irritating n the mouth since the skin is more sensitive. Ive looked up genital herpes and i know that what im experiencing is not that. The images are so different and states it is itchy, painful, and burning. But the skin n the clitoris is almost the same thin skin n the mouth. Maybe the one from the mouth can b transfered down there? Idk... But i have only gotten it a few times and i think its usuall when im stressing out or b 4 a period. Jus irritating and not painful. I jus wanted to let every one know that say they have had a std check that most pap's dont cover the whole range of std's that are our their she said. You have to actually tell them to check for every thing! I will go back soon to see if the lvl has dropped. Ive now been only with my husband for almost two years now, hes never had ny thing and came back negative. Im hoping it is jus a pimple like sore.
|
Quick Reply