Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Just Need to Let Something Out

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
i hate going home i hate it. i love my mom and dad they are not the problem its my sister. my stupid sister. all she ever does is call me stupid retarded i know that most sister's fight but not like this not to belittle some one and thats how i feel i mean i'm at a point where i just want the pain to end. i can't talk to my mom because she only she's my sister as a perfect angel and then i get yelled at for crying i cry alot i'm not supose to though i just needed to get some advice i think i'm depressed and i want to feel good about my self and stop thinking that if i cut my wrist every body will take me seriuosly (don't worry i'm to scared) please reply to this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Supporter
Do you have a counselor you can talk to at school? It seems as though you're more comfortable talking about this outside of your family setting. I think you should talk to your mother or father seriously about this issue... without your sister present. Tell them the problems it is causing you. You know your parents love you, so they'll take this seriously!!

I hope this helps. Good Luck!
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Stand Up to Her!
Let her know in a nice calm way that you do not appreciate being treated in that way. And I agree also with marvel. Take you parents aside and let them know what this is REALLY doing to you before if is to late. Let them know that is starting to cause you to be depressed and not wanting to come home. Lay it on the line and tell them the truth. I think you will be surprised at their reaction.

Carrie
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
i have a twin sister. shes my mums and dads little angel to. she really gets to me sometimes and i have real anger issues. i punch stuff and ive broke my hand a couple of times. but since she has moved out i have learnt to control myself a bit more. she stil visits and stays over but i have found a little hiding space in my room. (i know it sounds a !**@! but it works) and i sit and calm down. if not i go out. even if its only a walk around the block. try it! good luck! x
|