Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Daylight savings time change and taking birth control pill

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
Just a quickie on the pill Smile I've been taking my BCP (birth control pills) at 7:30 each night...now the time change has me all confused. Should I continue taking them at 7:30 (which would really be 8:30 without the change) ...or start taking them at 6:30 (which would be 7:30 without the change)....is this going to increase my chances of being pregnant at all if the time isn't right? Thanks guys...any answers would be mucho appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2007
Experienced User
You should never go more than 24 hours between pills, so taking it earlier would be better... so 6:30 should be your new time. Increasing to 8:30 probably wouldn't increase your risk of pregnancy by much, but if you don't have any problems taking it at 6:30 than I'd say that would be your best bet.
|

Extremely eHealthy
No Smile
|

Experienced User
Shouldn't matter just take it at the time that is best for you to remember.
|