Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

16 weeks pregnant w/pains in lower tummy / groin area

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im sixteen weeks and 1 days pregnant. I have felt flutters, very rare, infact only about once this week and a few during week 14. This is my 2nd pregnancy. (altho I have had a first trimester miscarriage before) Anyway I have had like back ache and some pains in my lower tummy/groin area since 3 nights ago. I cant decide if they are mestrual like pains or not but it is concerning me slighty. I did have backache earlier on in pregnancy and cramps but they went for a few weeks and now seem to have come back! Its not as if im dying with pain but its just enough to bother me. I have had no bleeding (thank god) so far and am still being sick! Midwife told me some people are unlucky enough to suffer with sickness throughout the whole pregnancy- i think i am one of those. Anyway just wanted to know what you think about these pains, should i be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Relm
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey! You may be experiencing "round ligament pain." These round ligaments surround your uterus and pelvis. As you grow they begin to stretch and pull causing those sharp pains. It can be pretty alarming sometimes but they should only last a couple seconds when you cough or move.

Make sure you discuss it with your doctor. You need to see them really soon tho if you there's bleeding, or pain when peeing : )

Also, my back aches constantly and that's due to your body readjusting to your condition and preparing it for a heavier baby later on.

Hope everything going well!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?