Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Fertitlity Affected by Long Term Depo Use?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Ok. So I was on the depo provera shot from age 14 to 19. After I came to college I stopped getting my shot. I have been off the shot since about March 2006. Its been about a year and a half. I have had regular periods since I was off the shot and no other adverse side effects from the shot. My boyfriend and I have sex atleast 4-5 a week with no protection and we have been doing this for about 6 months. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem with the depo shot?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
after 3 yrs of being on it i think theres a chance it could take a while for you to get preg
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Usually it takes about a year to begin to ovulate again. I suggest to use a website like fertility friend and to start taking your temperature first thing in the morning and inputting the information to find out when you begin ovulating again. Good luck hun! I know it's frustrating, but it'll happen soon enough.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It took me about a year and a half to get pregnant after my last depo shot. It really does take a while. So be patient.......also remember it takes a healthy couple about a year to conceive.

Good luck!! Sending you tons of baby dust!!!
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2007
Supporter
I was on the depo for a year. Got off and it'll be a year since I been off this month. I started the pills after I got off the shot. I got off the pills Apr of this year and been having unprotected sex with my fiance for 7 months now.
|
Quick Reply