Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

How to get rid of excess stomach acid ?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have had indigestion and heartburn for about a week and now have a stinging feeling/pain in my mid/upper back. I can also taste the stomach acid in the back of my throat and mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why its gone to my back or know of how i can clear this excess stomach acid? thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper charlie22
|

replied November 19th, 2007
Experienced User
I Hope Im Not Too Late
Maybe try an antiacid, Such as Pepcid AC or zantac. Even tums work!
|

replied November 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hmmm, I have acid reflux and take Nexium every morning. I have never had it affect my back though. Up into my throat and burn like heck yes. I think this is a question you should relate to your doctor. It might very will be related, I just never had that problem.

Anyone else ever had thier back involved with an acid attack?

Carrie

P>S. You also need to get diagnosed to see if you indeed have heartburn or acid reflux deasease. To seperate issues with two seperate medications.
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
baking soda.. a tsp in a glass of water will rid the acid..
|

replied December 15th, 2007
Most times too much acid isn't the problem. I've suffered from insufficient acid
most of my life and have experienced heartburn, due to not enough digestive
power to handle what I've eaten.

The problem is most likely not enough. Sorry but I don't buy the whole too much
acid line they push on tv just to sell you prescription and over the counter meds
people don't need. It big business and they are making a buck on all us gullible
ones.

There are two things I've found related to this.

One, insufficient HCL acid production, made worse by poor eating habits. What
and when we eat and how much is super important. If we eat what our bodies
can't process, it's going to let us know with heartburn, as if to say 'see this? I
can't handle what you're putting in here so cool it!'

If your digestive ability is becoming less over the years then head for your
local health food store. Buy HCL for digesting proteins, buy a full spectrum
vegitable based enzyme for fats, carbs, dairy and fiber. NOW makes a
great one for this.

The other is a shocker but your case is very resent so this'll be easy to recall.
I think the back pain is another indicator. You see, strong emotions are played
out in our bodies. Hold a strong feeling long enough and illness will result.

Reflux can manifest as a result of our feeling very upset (resulting in stomach
upset) at someone. It can be anger at another or even from being scorned or
betrayed by people we trusted.

If this is the case, drop the anger as it harms no one but yourself. If scorned by
others, forgive them (quitely inside yourself) and forgive yourself for the
situation too. Many have done the above and the reflux went away.

Best of luck to you, alternative medicine has much to offer if you do your
research carefully. All the above is alternative medicine.
|

replied December 16th, 2007
I suffer from acid reflux disease. After trying many home remedies I was put on a drug called Parriott. I also had to reduce the amount of fatty foods in my diet such as milk. This takes care of the disease. I believe your back issue may be not related to your problem.
|

replied May 26th, 2011
I have same problem,stress big is problem try to learn some relaxation tech.etc.siping water slowly chewing oats and also herbal tablets acidopululis may be i am spelling wrong you can find most helt shops especialy after using antiboyodics increase acid try to dont eat food with yeast in it and sugary food you should avoid.I also use ranitidine tablets you can ask doktor 300mg every night it is help me feel fine now.(sorry my wrong spelling english is not my first language.)
|

replied May 28th, 2011
Re: How to get rid of excess stomach acid ?
charlie22 wrote:
I have had indigestion and heartburn for about a week and now have a stinging feeling/pain in my mid/upper back. I can also taste the stomach acid in the back of my throat and mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why its gone to my back or know of how i can clear this excess stomach acid? thanks

Manukaguard Nutralize fixed me. no drugs, no chemicals, no harmful side effects, 100% natural, cheap, one bottle lasts me for months. works immediately.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
stomach acid
what is this and where do you get it ? my mother is suffering and nothing seems to work

thanks
|

replied October 26th, 2011
The back pain is something I had along with the other symptoms. Strangely enough I mentioned it to my chiropractor and he checked my ribs. One of my ribs was out, causing the back pain and heartburn. The pain was almost directly in the middle of my shoulder blades. I still have the problem of not enough acid once and a while, but between adjustments and a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in water, they are more than controlled.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
pain in back/chest with reflux is probably bile reflux
It is bile reflux. Pain in the chest and back which makes my upper back teeth hurt as well as the roof of my mouth. Went to the ER thinking it was heart and it's not. HAD GALLBLADDER REMOVED 4 YEARS AGO!!! Had EGD and have "biliary fluid in stomach", amongst other things that the bile has hurt. I've been on Protonix for 3 years and it's gotten to the point even the BRAT diet doesn't work. Losing weight. Anything I've done for acid reflux don't work for bile reflux. I'm proof of that.

There are various meds that a doc can prescribe but I suggest seeing a GI and having an upper EGD done. I'll look for natural remedies and try them first. Then and only then will I consider a surgical procedure they do that drains the bile further down into the intestines rather then the stomach. And another where they make the opening smaller so there is less backwash. My main concern has been the erosion of my esophagus which can lead to Barrett's then cancer.

Don't mess around with this. Get proper attention.
|

replied March 10th, 2012
You try using a herbal tincture called Yarrow or Centaurium they have always help me stop getting acid reflux.
All you do is put a few drops into water and drink it.
I get mine from the health food shop, but some chemists sell it too. The product is made from A.Vogel.
Hope this helps.
|

replied March 14th, 2012
Acidity is problem faced by many these days. Your symptoms are indicative of gastritis. Allopathy (Western medicine) may be effective for immediate relief, in the long run, it merely suppresses the symptoms, and may lead to the creation of other diseases.

One of the simplest natural remedies available in your kitchen would be potato juice. Just drink fresh raw potato juice (4 Tbsp) every morning on an empty stomach for 10 days. You will begin to find the burning sensation disappearing.l
|

replied June 30th, 2013
Stomach acid pump removal
When I was in hospital a few years ago I had a pipe put through my nose and down into my stomach to drain off the excess acid. The Nurse who did it told me as a trainee she and her student friends practised this on each other. Is it not possible to purchase the same equipment and carry it out ourselves?
|