Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Line On Forearm (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm not sure if anybody will know what 'm talking about and i havn't seen these on everyone. But does anybody else have a little line on their forearm? It's just a little bit above the elbow on your forearm and is horizontal. I mainly see it on women but that's becuase i think a good amount shave their arms making it more visible but I have one on my right arm but i can't see one on my left and I was wondering what that was. It's also kind of harder to see when the arm is stretched out but if you bend your arm it makes the line more visible. Anybody know what that is?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mrsweeks
|
Users who thank mylodude24 for this post: nadou17603 

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2007
Experienced User
I have no idea what it is, but when I was younger and first dating my now husband he noticed that I had one. What is it with you men and noticing things like that... and women are always saying that men never catch the little things! Laughing

I think it's kind of like a wrinkle.... a place where the skin creases a lot. It probably just happens from stretching and bending your arm. Just like yourself, I notice it mainly on my right arm. Maybe we sit with our arm bent a lot or something? I have no idea why some people have it and some don't. I know my husband doesn't.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied November 16th, 2007
I have the same thing, on both my forearms though, but i have always thought that mabye its just a little fat that is there, although i really am starting to doubt that now since i have very little fat in general...but i wrinkle sounds about right...
|

replied March 6th, 2009
i have it on both arms
i have it on both arms, and i have often wondered what they are too....i just did a google search and found your question here, but so far no answers....though someone on another site thought they might signify that the bearer of these marks has some han chinese blood in them...i dunno 'bout that though...my blood lines are all european
|

replied April 16th, 2009
they are stretch marks
i got them from rapid growth spirts. i actually had 1 real bad on one arm then another smaller one above it. they are slowly going away as i do forearm curls daily for a half an hour and rub cocoa butter on them. also, i was told alot of it has to do that some of us sleep with are arms folded. its weird cause as they dissappaer they get wider and worse
|

replied April 26th, 2009
Disagree
They can't be wrinkles, wrinkles are cause by contuinal movement in an area like the way the skin bunches up on your face when you smile over and over again. That doesn't happen when your bend your arm. They're not stretch marks because anyone with common sense knows what stretch marks look like and I've noticed these since I was 11 and broke my arm and I definitely didn't have stretch marks at 11. Also I had toned arms and saw no change.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
Sign of Celtic ancestry
A witch in Galicia told me years ago that those lines on the inside of the forearm near the elbow are a sign of Celtic blood. I'm Irish and have them, as do every other Irish person I've asked. Most people in Iceland (where I live) have them too. They are common in people from the north of Spain (which was once Celtic) but not in Spaniards from other parts of the country.
|

replied July 27th, 2009
Hi, I have them too - on both arms between my elbow and wrist. Just showed up a few years ago and are more prominent in the summer. I asked the dermatologist - she just thought it was from the sun. They almost look like I burnt myself(but I didn't!).
|

replied July 28th, 2009
I am a geneticist. The line near your elbow cross ways is a sign of shared ancestry with the historical central asian people who also became the Han Chinese. A colleague did a survey in the far east amongst chinese, korean, japanese etc. People in the UK vary - those from a scandinavian/viking origin often have the so called 'simian fold' - yes that is a confusing name as it is usually the used for the fold on your hand. I did a recent survey amongst a BA flight crew. 2 women and 1 man had the fold and 1 woman and two men did not. I have not seen it amongst ethnic indian or pakistani, nor african ancestry people.
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Lines on my forearms above and below the crease of my elbow
I am an African American 40 yr old woman and have wondered about these lines that are on my body and on others for a very long time and just now thought to research it. My sisters and mother also have these lines...
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2009
Baby Fat
I have a line on my arm to and I have always thought it was the wrinkle from being a chubby baby and toddler that made the impression. I looked at my baby photos and it corresponds to the same area.
|

replied January 13th, 2010
lines on forearm
I just discovered lines on my right forearm - from my wrist and half-way to my elbow. They look very much like stretch marks, and have a raised feel to them. At first, I thought it was age (I'm nearing 40), and thought my skin was just wrinkling, but now with the raised and stretchmark look, it's - well - just odd. I did a google search, and found this forum only. Interesting, but hopefully it's nothing.
|

replied August 7th, 2010
Forearm crease below elbow
I have had the crease on both arms for as long as I can remember. My Mom had them and my 10 month old grandson inherited them, too. My Mom's family immigrated from countries like England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
|

replied September 12th, 2010
I have dark lines on each arm. In fact, when I put my arms side-by-side, they match up with each other exactly. I first noticed them about a year ago. I've been worried that they're signs of a medical condition. I've never known anyone else that has them, so I was relieved to find out that I'm not alone. I don't believe that I have any ancestry that has been mentioned, and no one else in my family has them. Does anyone else have lines that match the way mine do?
|

replied October 4th, 2010
Hey guys, what an interesting post? very enjoyable to read that we all have a common ... (well something between us is common).
Anywayz, I'm 17, a pakistani, and i've had the line on my left for a few years now. I first noticed it in year 9 when a guy at school was going around checking "If ur a virgin" and this is what he was looking for.
That probably hasn't helped much, but i felt the urge to comment after reading hopefulgeneticist's comment.
|

replied October 6th, 2010
I just noticed i have them too, and only on my right forearm! i've carrying my baby a lot, maybe thats why. very weird. its very noticible to me and it bugs
|

replied October 11th, 2010
forearm lines
i have had it since early elementary school at least. never seen or heard of anyone else having them until i read this site. early on i thought maybe because i was more muscular than everyone else in elementery school and had bigger forearms(even tho im lazy and never worked out) but a couple of people in high school get stronger than me through working at it and they never had the lines. i got them on both arms.they r not stretch marks and r symetrical. and im english/canadian indian/irish/french/german and ? in order of percentage could be some chinese in there(probally not)
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Lines on right forearm with slight & temporary tingling in a
I just noticed a couple days ago that I had lines on my forearm.. It looks like old cutting scars or the white-ish colored stretchmarks (not puffy) I also thought maybe it was from carrying my baby.. but I also noticed I had a slight tingling/numbness for a short time that has since gone away-but the lines have not.. I talked to my chiropractor thinking maybe the tingling was a pinched nerve or something but when I mentioned the new lines on my arm-he was stumped! Never heard of that before.. never seen anything like it! so for now..I still am not sure what caused them or if they'll go away/or stay..
|

replied February 15th, 2011
inner-arm creases...
i have these lines and have had them my entire life: looking at the inside of my arms, b/t the elbow and wrist, left-to-right creases, thin lines, but distinguishable, stretching from the inner elbow to the outer elbow. i actually have 2 on each arm, they are about 2 inches apart. at a family function i pointed them out and we all had our sleeves rolled up looking for matches! my siblings and i all have them, same mom, different dad. many other cousins, parents and aunt/uncles share them as well. NO CLUE what they are. would love to find out Smile
|

replied March 29th, 2011
Line on forearms
We had the same experience recently. My in-laws are portuguese, I am English/German. I don't have the line neither do and of the men that married the four Portuguese women. My daughter and all her cousins have at least one line some two!
|

replied October 19th, 2012
I am a professor at a medical school in spam unapproved. Look me up on Google to verify. I have been interested in this crease for years. They are of no pathological significance [to my knowledge], but the pattern of inheritance is fascinating. If you are prepared to discuss further and take a few photographs, please get in tough.
Saxby
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
I have these lines as well, are you still interested in gathering information. I also have had a DNA study done through Ancestry.com I can provide for my state of origin
Catzback
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2011
Lines On Forearm
I had the same tingling sensation in my right arm just before I noticed a line on my right arm, and then the left. I've been dealing with a lot of acid reflex, heart, and breathing issues for the past few years. Not sure if there's a connection.
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
I had mine my whole life since i remember at age 3. I have both on forearms an i been wondering what they were. i have no asian in me. i only have german, american indian, mexican,and chuck in my blood line. i been wondering because they got alot bigger since i look at them so what are they? can anyone answer that for me or no?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply