Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Lump On Outside of Vagina - hard w/no pus

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I noticed a lump on the outside of my left lip, but on the outter edge, its about the size of a grape, and has no pus head, its hard and shifts around a bit when i touch it, does anyone know what it could beee ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Samantharaye456
|

replied November 4th, 2007
where exactly is it? is it right next to your viginal opening? Try looking up vaginal glands. There are several that are for secreting......errr secretions, sometimes they can become inflamed.
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Diagnosis
I had this problem 2 times before and my OB/GYN says that is a duct that gets clogged with oil, soaps, and secretions. I put hot compresses on mine until I caused it to come to a slight head and sat in the tub with as hot as tolerable with epsom salts in it for about 10 minutes twice a day. I was able to drain it myself. When I saw my OB/GYN and told him about it, he told me it is nothing to worry about and the next time to call him and he will lance it. Very painless he said and only takes a few minutes compared to me dealing with my home remedy for about 2 weeks.

Hope this helps a little
|

replied June 15th, 2009
sex
When the female reaches height of the sex & feel comfortable while doing the sex
|

replied June 12th, 2011
I have two bumps on the outside of my vagina , they look somewhat like mosquito bites and feel soft when I touch them , they only hurt or itch when I apply pressure to them otherwise they're fine . They are a little bit red though and I was wondering if it was anything to be worried about .
|

replied July 17th, 2011
i have a lump near the vagina in the crease where thigh meets pelvic area. it looks very full and ready to explode (but there is no head and the pinkish skin seems kinda thick, like that of a rash. it is protruding so much i have a painful time walking or even shifting positions. someone help? i cannot go to the doctor anytime soon for financial reasons
|

replied April 14th, 2013
Taya I have the exact same problem. I am only 19 and I won't go see my GP as I am nervous of personal matters like this and embarrassed...pleas let me know if you find a solution/diagnoses
|

replied December 5th, 2013
I had this problem as well, and first it was a small bump and kept growing. It was on the outside of my vagina almost by my thigh. I could not sit or walk comfortably. It was very painful. It might very much be from soaps used or lack of hygiene. I got the bump right after my period was over. It is not a dangerous thing but can be extremely painful. What I did (and I read this over the net) was take frequent warm baths, put moist pads on the bump...It helped a little, I also got antibiotics from my doctor and it helped a lot. In less than a week it popped while I was in the bath. A lot of puss came out and some blood. It came coming for the next two days then it was back to flat. and the mark was gone in one week. So you want to keep taking hot baths, it helps with putting pressure on the bump and getting it to pop. Do not try to pop it yourself as it is very painful. It is easier when it pops on its own. Also I kept it very clean and used sometimes antiseptic to clean it and some alcohol. When it cuts open you want to keep it as clean as possible. Changing underwear three times a day and wearing loose ones.
|

replied February 6th, 2012
Vaginal lump or node
Mine, according to my husband, is deep inside me and to my left. It doesn't cause me pain but he had to use his middle finger to reach it. It is a bit larger than me G-spot and just as hard if not harder. Any thoughts? Could this be what Pat Chap described?
|

replied June 6th, 2012
Problem
I am a 16 year old female and only had sex once. I have a hard bump that is about the size of a dime on the outside roof of my vagina. it doesn't have pus and it doesn't hurt, but it is kind of unsightly. Any advice?
|

replied June 12th, 2012
It might just be a reaction to any soaps or female prodaducts you may have been using but just to be safe I would check with an obgyn. Since you are 16 you can make the appointment without informing your parents and you can usually go to a clinic or your local health department!!!
|

replied December 20th, 2012
I have a pea-sized lump on the outside lip of my vagina, what could this be? It hurts when touched. Never had sex, should i be worried?
|

replied December 2nd, 2014
HELP
i am 16 years old and i am a virgin, i have this big hard lump on my outer vagina to the right towards my thigh, it hurts like hell and it does not have a head. i can not see it without a mirror because my stomach is swollen. please help!!!!
|
Quick Reply