Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

Hair Not Growing

Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
I used to have really nice looking hair a couple of years ago. But it seems within the past 3 years it takes my hair forever to grow.It used to grow really fast but it seems like it takes a year for it to grow like a couple of inches. I take hair vitamins and still nothing.My hair does come out alot like at the ends.Im not balding or anything.I do take zoloft do you think that has anything to do with hair loss?I just want my hair really long again,any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
A surprising number of drugs cite hair loss as a side effect, including Zoloft. I read of a case where a 32 year old man, whose hair was thinning, was doing so at a faster rate. Have there been other factors in your life that might lead to loss of hair (stress, climate change, diet) ?

But you can look to answers from Zoloft’s manufacturer, Pfizer, for a full warning on the drug. Try their web site!
|

replied December 10th, 2007
Zoloft? Have you considered other methods for treating depression?

Like exercise, organic diet, lots of omega fatty acids, lecithin, B vitamins, mediation, good sex, ending bummer relationships.

You may need minerals to get your hair to grow. From what I understand from what you read you are not loosing hair, it is just not growing. Add silica herbs like butchers broom or horse chestnut. There are some good formulas out there but make sure they have one or the other of these herbs.
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2008
Definitely get off the Zoloft and seek alternative treatments to depression. Try acupuncture.

Additionally use only safe chemical free shampoos. Herbal blends that include Rosemary, Stinging Nettle, Myrrh are all supporting hair growth. These herbs stimulate the scalp and prevent thinning they keep the base nice and strong. I feel they really make a difference on my thin hair. Don't color your hair either it is devastating to your health!
|