Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Hardening of the Arteries In the Brain - arterial sclorsis

I just found out yesterday that I may not have MS at all but instead have arterial sclorsis in the arteries in my brain. Neuro also said that I may have had some small unknoticed mini stokes that could have cause the white matter lesions on the brain they saw with the MRI with contrast. He also said that the two hernitated disc's in my lumber spine are bulding and is what is causing my pain when I walk. So, he is now putting me on one 81mg baby asprin a day and sending me to physical theropy to gain some streangh back in my arms and legs.
Makes me wonder if that is good news or bad. That means now I have to stay away from ALL fats, skin my chicken, drain my meats etc. Because fat is what causes plak to stick to your arteries.
Just though I would share this with you. As I said before, I am not well either. I have alot wrong with me including aniety and deppression. I take 12 medications a day. That is counting some are twice a day.

Hugs,
Carrie
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper robfer
|

replied July 11th, 2008
Hardening of the Artiries of the brain
I have hardening of the arteries of the brain,I've had 2 min-strokes,diabetic since age 8,Now considered brittle,Fibromyagia,hypothyroidism I am bipolar I take a lot of meds too. Never a day without something going wrong. But after all this I am still alive. It's tough to switch from the way you normaly eat.Helpful hint use seasoning. and lots of it if you so desire. Of course No salt if your not allowed. Just season awayI hope you have a broiler. It really puts a zest into the food. Try this. once a month treat yourself to something that you're not suppose to eat. Small porton. It just gives you something to look forward to. the reason I am so calm about this is because of my faith. I couldn't have gone through all this without Jesus. I hope something in here helpa you Jenn M
|
Users who thank Jamazon777 for this post: CarolDiane 

replied March 29th, 2009
Alzheimer's AND? Arteries in the brain Hardening??
My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's six years ago. He has been in four research studies and met the criteria of having mild memory loss until just recently. During his mini-mental test, he had dimished to only correctly answering half of the questions correctly, which was a big change for him. Therefore, the doctor ordered an MRI and then another one with dye contrast, since the first one only showed hardening of the arteries. Using the contrast is suppose to tell us if the arteries are "inflamed" and can be treated. Will treating these arteries help his memory return? What are the complications of having these two brain problems now? Will it shorten his life even more or what can I do as his caregiver to make sure he's getting treatment he needs?
|

replied December 28th, 2010
Brain lesions
I have MS and have not had any new lesions for about 9 years. Now the recent MRI has shown new spots and the dr said he did not know if it was ms lesions or hardening of the arteries. how can you tell the difference F Dillard, Texas
|

replied December 28th, 2010
Brain lesions
I have MS and have not had any new lesions for about 9 years. Now the recent MRI has shown new spots and the dr said he did not know if it was ms lesions or hardening of the arteries. how can you tell the difference F Dillard, Texas
|