Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Nuva Ring - how long until you start your period?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Does anyone know after you take the nuvaring out how long it is before you start your period?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper amberskyeduh
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It can take a couple days, if that's what you mean. It's different for every woman. But remember to keep your ring-free week to just a week even if you still have your period by the end of the week.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
When do I put a new Nuva Ring once I took it off?
Say i took it off on saturday. Do I put a new one the Next saturday? of sunday??
|

replied November 4th, 2007
Well the thing is I took it out, and the blood that I've seen has been dark brown like when you get off your period. I've only bled about the size of three quarters in 3 days. I'm just wondering if the period is light or if I should get a HPT.
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
amberskyeduh wrote:
Well the thing is I took it out, and the blood that I've seen has been dark brown like when you get off your period. I've only bled about the size of three quarters in 3 days. I'm just wondering if the period is light or if I should get a HPT.

It's probably just a light period. Nuva ring does that. Have you been on it long?
|

replied November 5th, 2007
It depends on people what I will do is wait a couple of days 3 or 4 days and if nothing then call your Dr and get an appt, if 1 week passes and nothing then dont get back on it until you have spoken to a doctor

[edited by mod: please do not post in all CAPS.]
|

replied July 25th, 2011
If you pull out the Nuvaring late how long till your period?
I was supposed to take my ring out on Friday, but forgot and took it out on Sunday. Should my period still be delayed? I haven't gotten anything yet. It is only Monday. Am I worrying for nothing?
|

replied July 25th, 2011
I have a similar question. I was supposed to take my ring out on Friday, but forgot and took it out on Sunday. Should my period still be delayed? I haven't gotten anything yet. It is only Monday. Am I worrying for nothing?
|

replied September 20th, 2011
This is my 3rd month on the ring and the first two months i skipped my period by putting a new one in on the day of. But this time i wanted to make sure i wasnt pregnant so I took it out Sunday morning and it is Tuesday afternoon now and I still haven't started and I'm having horrible cramps... Should I be worried?
|

replied December 12th, 2011
On Nuvaring are you able to skip periods?
Like could i just put another one in the day i take the old out out?
Is that okay or do i have to get my period?
|

replied December 14th, 2011
I was wondering the same thing, i just got nuvaring, but havent put it in for the first month yet. I have a big trip to california planned in april, so i was wondering if there was any way to skip that month ?
|

replied October 31st, 2012
Yes you can I did it six months in a row only issue is if ur insurance will allow another three month dosage sooner then needed
|

replied December 14th, 2011
I was wondering the same thing, i just got nuvaring, but havent put it in for the first month yet. I have a big trip to california planned in april, so i was wondering if there was any way to skip that month ?
|

replied January 24th, 2012
My doctor told me I could take it out and put a new one in right away to skip a period I've been doing that for a while now I've been on nuvaring for a couple years now and I love it have had no problems. If I forget to take it out and do it a couple days late there's usually no problem just stay on your weekly schedule and put.it back in the day you were supposed too. Another thing my doctor informed me on was that it actually lasts for 4 weeks so sometimes if i forget to take it out ill wait another week
|

replied September 18th, 2012
How long does it take for you period to come on after nuva ring
i took my nuva ring out on Friday and its Tuesday and still no period......should i be worried.....on august 23 i started taking antibiotics and didn't finish the prescription until Sept 12th and i had unprotected sex Sept 3rd *&& unfortunately i had the nuva ring out longer then 3hrs before i had sex*....am i tripping for no reason or should i be concerned?
|

replied December 11th, 2012
I was wondering... that I started the nuvaring an I just toke it out.... my doctor said I would have my period but it Been 2 days.... what should I do
|

I was wondering... that I started the nuvaring an I just toke it out.... my doctor said I would have my period but it Been 2 days.... what should I do
|

|