Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Clear Discharge - Not An Std

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
The past few days I've been noticing a clear discharge from my penis. Its not much, and its generally clear and rather watery. Now and then I may feel a tingle in the tip of my penis, but otherwise there is no burning sensation, no soreness, no increase in frequency of urination.

I've recently been tested for the full-round of STDs 2 weeks ago, and everything came back clear. I have not gone in for the 'offical' results feedback yet - but have called in to get my results and was told nothing was abnormal but will be going in for a follow up anyways to discuss this with my doctor.

Just wondering what the cause of this could be if not an STD?

There is a history of kidney stones in my family, and I have had UTI's in the past.

There has been a few times I've noticed blood in my urine / or had burning while peeing and gone in to get it checked out, and usually get the "UTI's are very uncommon in men" speech, get tested for an STD - and everything comes back clear - could a possible kidney stone be a cause of this?

I have noticed occasional pain in my stomach - some times rather sharp stabbing pain which has made me sit down and stop before until it's passed, could this be related?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
A kidney stone could cause blood in your urine for sure. And the stabbing pain. Kidney stones are terrible!! I bet that's what you have.

As for the clear discharge, though, I'm not sure....
|

Going off of the kidney stone thing, you could have a kidney infection. I had one and had a lot of those symptoms, but it seemed the pain was more stomach and back related. If it's bad enough water won't help and the pain should get worse over time. Monitor the levels of pain you have too while you're at it. I'll think more about this and get back to you.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, either way you should see a doc. My hubby has a stone right now and is going through the exact same thing. Ouch!
|

replied November 5th, 2007
I have an appointment with my family doc on weds. Initially I wasnt going in for this but an unrelated issue, but I think I'll bring this up.

Just called back to re-confirm my test results, and everything is clear.

I'm still noticing some discharge, generally white or clear, some times it looks a bit "thick" (not gooey, but thick), other times its really runny.

There is some slight discomfort when peeing - but not much, chances are if it wasnt for the fact I've been keeping a closer eye on these things since getting tested - I wouldnt of even noticed it.

I do generally have back pain - but have a bad back in general, so it can be hard to differentiate between back-pain from a bad back, or from a kidney problem?

When I had the pains/cramps, it was generally sort of mid-stomach on the right side (a bit below the rib cage), and extended down to just above the pelvic area - I havnt had that kind of cramp/pain in awhile - so going from memory.

But, it usually only kicked in when I was being "active" (ie: walking to work quickly)

Hrmmm.. few things to think about, but yeah - best to discuss this with my family doc on weds.
|

replied April 1st, 2011
@ Tugg
So what happened? was it kidney problems? Yeast infection?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'd request a test for infection too while you're in to make sure it's not a non-std infection. Good luck.
|