Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Weird Pain Radiating Into Left Arm From Shoulder Blade

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
It feels like I just have a knot right up underneath my left shoulder blade, no biggy, happens all the time. But then, yesterday, my left arm starting aching. It hurts when I breathe, yawn, cough...everything...even in my chest, from my back. Any idea what this could be? It is so bad, I break down in tears!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I Know This Is Late
But I do hope you went to the ER. If you read this, please let us know how you are and how you made out if you did go.

Carrie
|

replied November 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Anxiety
I Gt alot of that with anxiety my shoulder blades and the back of my arms hurt all the time ! it doesnt sound like a heart problem if it hurts when you cough and when you breathe in if it was your heart no matter how you moved or breathed etc it would saty the same !~!sound more like muscaluar pain ive had for a year get it checked out though just and case hey

good luck
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Experienced User
It's not weird but very common. You have a facet lock causing pinced nerve. You should go to osteopathian or chiropractor, etc.
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
expatient wrote:
It's not weird but very common. You have a facet lock causing pinced nerve. You should go to osteopathian or chiropractor, etc.

Shocked I think this is called diagnosing?
|

replied November 18th, 2007
Experienced User
MsSky wrote:
expatient wrote:

Shocked I think this is called diagnosing?

Why? It is just a suggestion, what else gan be given here but advices?
It is a tip to go to see a medical expert who can tell more. I may have added a word "may" or "might" there in the middle. I have to remember to use it next time...
|

Extremely eHealthy
You Are Correct
The words "You have" emplies that you that you know for sure the symtoms add up to this conclusion. We usually do use the words "could be, sounds like or could be possible. You ended you post very well.
Just have to keep in mind something I had to learn also. That wording could make the topic poster worry more and by saying "You have" is basically saying you know for sure this is what the problem is.
All in all, you advice could be on the right track.

Warm Thoughts,
Carrie
|

Experienced User
Re: You Are Correct
MsSky wrote:
The words "You have" emplies that you that you know for sure the symtoms add up to this conclusion.

Allmost nothing is ever sure. Not even a diagnosis of a doctor after examination. That is why there is a thing called "a second opinion".

MsSky wrote:
We usually do use the words "could be, sounds like or could be possible.

Yes, I have to remember that...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have been in health care for 23 years. And part of that was mental health. You are righ when you say even doctors are not alway right. I myself had to go for a neuro second opinion for MS. I have been early retired out of work since April 6th 2006. And now have to go to court of Social Security Disablity being denied twice. Not fun. I loved my work. I worked in 5 doctors office as assistant to the doctor and have worked evey unit you can think of in the hospital. Nothing is new to me. There have been many times I have known what is wrong with a poster, but I could never say "You have". I must say " I would look into or it could possibily be". By saying "You have" that is in fact diagnosing. We are not allowed to say that a person has anything. Just an FYI.
Also, as I said, it is against board rules to disrespect a supporter or moderator on or off the board.

Carrie

Carrie
|

replied August 3rd, 2013
Upper Back Piain (between shoulders)
I have a burning or radiating pain in my upper back shoulders, it sometimes cause numbing and tingling in my fingers in the mornings. Almost two years ago I hurt my back in hot yoga, and ever since then I have been plagued with this on-and-off again pain. I stopped lifting weights within last three months at the gym, because it only seems to make it worse. I recently saw two chiropractors, which made it even more painful, now I am fearing surgery. Does anyone have any ideas as I have gone from heat to ice, which gives me momentary relief?
|

replied August 12th, 2013
Experienced User
It looks like you are not interested in informing you what it is that you have so, as a Healer, I will not inform you what you have anf wish you good luck with your problem.
|