Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Elderly Mother Seeing Things / People

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
My mom will be 80 in 6 months.She has started seeing people that are not there. I am wondering if anyone knows what this might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper loveingmom
|

replied November 7th, 2007
Dont think your mum is crazy it could be old age or maybe she can really see people just cause you cant see what she can dont mean its not there talk to a doctor if your that worried
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It could be dementia-- you need to Validate her. talk to her about it as if its real. for instance if she sees a guy you could ask her what he is doing. it could be just linked to something in her past or someone that she knew. there is a book called the
Validation theory(i think) its really good and helps deal with this kind of thing
|

replied July 7th, 2009
Mom SEES what I can not...
I sat back and watched her today (July 7, 2009)... Oh yeah... she's watching SOMETHING, SOMEONE, SOMEONES... but she wasn't too upset about it. I kept reminding her who she was in Jesus Christ and that seemed to reinforce her confidence. I personally believe that the 'Spirit' realm is MORE real that the natural... so God Bless her that she can see Angels, people from her past, future or whatever! She's one step closer to getting where we ALL would like to be! Smile

Peace & Blessings.
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
My Mother sees bugs and people that are not there
my mother has began to see bugs and people that are not there,she is starting to yell and get very upset with them too,yesterday she told me they was running water and it was all over the house and going to the neighbors house,she tells me that they are devil people.is this normal?she just turned 79
|

replied December 24th, 2011
My grandma sees things that are not there!
My grandma is facing this too. She sees moving lights, chairs, tables, cloths, so-called spirits, and darkened rooms. I have no idea how to deal with this. Help.
|

replied June 1st, 2012
My dad sees things and people as well. I'm sure his are dreams related to what he has seen on tv; usually the news. He also sees his own reflection on the tv screen and in the window and thinks that they are people outside. Already talked to the doctor. They don't offer much help.
|

replied September 10th, 2013
MY 85 YEAR OLD GRANNY
MY GRANDMOTHER IS 85 AND SHE HAS BEEN SEEING THINGS FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS BUT IT HAS GOTTEN WORSE. SHE IS SO SCARED AND CRYS SHE IS SAYING IT IS 3 MEN AND THEY ARE AFTER HER SHE SAID LAST NIGHT THAT SHE WOKE UP AND A MAN WAS IN HER BED WITH A KNIFE TO HER THROAT. AND AIRPLANES FLYING OVER THE HOUSE AND SHE SEEN A CAR WRECK AND SOMEONE DIED. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HER. IT MAKES ME SO SAD TO SEE HER SO UPSET AND I TALK TO HER ABOUT THIS AND TO HER IT IS REAL
|
Quick Reply