Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Question About the Little Bone In Front of Your Ear?

I have my first "treatment" appointment with the NMD on the 19th (I know, waiting sux!), but in the mean time I thought I would get my old orthotic and adjust it myself a bit to see if I could get some temp relief.

Anyways, I think I got it right after playing with it a bit, and I slept with it on last night, plus I have had it on most of the time this morning. I took it off now though cause I am at work.

Funny thing though... Usually the little bone in front of my left ear (The tmd perhaps?) is normally sticking out, its a very prominent "bump" when you pass your finger over it. This morning though, after having worn the orthodic, the little bone seems more "inside" then sticking out. Not completely flat, but more innie then outie.

Could this be a sign that some of the inflammation went down over night, etc?

Just curious I guess. Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
it could have---your condyle is in the proper position--well as best as it can be. sometimes doing little things on our own helps. we just have to be careful not to make a permanent change--dont worry i dont think you did. how do you feel after doing this?
|

Todays been pretty good actually. Haven't felt like I need an advil or anything. I know when I am having a "good" day because I am a lot calmer. When it flares up anxiety kicks in with it.

I am just looking for things to keep the TMJ manageable. The 19th can't come soon enough! Laughing

I hope you are doing good too Dyan!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Im not doing too badly. Im really good to hear that you are doing will. I know what you mean about waiting. its the pits. today is one of my semi good days. i had a couple accidentst this week and its not helping. (yeah im accident prone. doesnt help me at all)
|

replied November 4th, 2007
Experienced User
I Did Something Like That
hey i did something like that.!!!! i wear a partial upper denture that replaces one front tooth!!! anyway , it did clamp on my back molars. I adjusted it, took the plyers and cut off the clamps, i worked on it for a month, finally i got it just right, and i felt ALOT better. It was like a denture thing, but i'll tell you its as bad as a mouth guard. maybe you just hit it right!!!! i hope so!!! keep my fingers crossed for ya!!!! it could make that much difference, i believe that. cindy
|