Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Green Tongue while problems with my bowel

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
i have recenlty noticed i have a green tongue right at the back...ive tried brushing it away but no luck.I have had problems with my bowels and recently had a scan to find out i may have a collapsed bowel on the right side not sure if this is anything to do with it?please could someone give advise if anything...im really worried and have to wait till next week to see my gp again Shocked .
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JHY
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I don't think the collapsed bowel has anything to do with your tongue. Go to a dentist, that's the best I can advise.
|

replied July 7th, 2009
green tongue
i had 5 bowel movements in 1 day all within 10 hours, after the last i wen to look in the mirror and there was a thick green coat of somethin' on my tongue, i didn't eat or drink anything green and i don't have a bad taste in my mouth. can someone help me.
|

replied July 8th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
The green is caused by acid in your system. Sometimes anxiety can cause this too. Are you stressed out for any reason? Try not to eat too many acidic things and see if it goes away.
|

replied January 27th, 2010
Stomach hormonal imbalance
I also have a greenish tough associated with bowl issues for at least 10 years. At the moment I'm focusing on a hormonal imbalance in the digestive system, which leads to incomplete digestion of food. One article of interest on this topic is found at the link below, and an except from the article. And Stacey, this is a UK study.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/ 11/091102112046.htm

Today's study suggests that bile acid diarrhea is caused by the body producing too much bile acid, because of a deficiency in a hormone called FGF19, which normally switches off bile acid production. The authors of the study say that new hormone-based treatments could be developed in the future to treat the condition and doctors could potentially test people's hormone levels to diagnose it.
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
greenish tongue anf an ulcer
I have frequent ulcers in my mouth and a greenish white colour on my tongue. the doctor says it's either stress or a germ in my stomache which is responsible of stomache ulcers. I'm going to take a test called urea breath test to exclude the thing of the germ, but yes, I think i was going through some stress but didn't pay attention to it, too much travel and so, nothing serious but since the doctor related stress to the case,,,i'll see and let you know.
|

replied July 4th, 2011
Back again. A biotin deficiency appears to be my problem. I have to take between 1 - 3 grams = 1 - 3 micrograms of Biotin per day in combination with B complex vitamins. The greenish tongue does temporary goes away and is replaced with a healthy pink. As for the collapsed bowel that to me is an imprecise description, but if you have diarrhea, then it maybe cause by an wheat gluten intolerance. To check this possibility make an observation when you eat a wheat produce and it shortly causes the roof of your mouth to lacerate or makes the roof of you mouth sensitive. Also if about about 30 minutes your start to have an increased itchiness of hemorrhoids. Also if after eating the gluten product you start to have itchy hemorrhoids forming and tender anal tissue that leaves a residue of blood on the tissue after using the toilet or watercloset as well as having leaky gut.

As I understand it the B complex vitamins help to convert food to energy, but is a B vitamin is missing, such as Biotin, then the rest of the B vitamins don't work, even if you are currently taking B complex vitamins. I hope this helps.
|
Quick Reply