Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Water Coming Out During Period (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
When I put in a tampon during my period, water will come out as if my water is breaking (i'm not pregnant or anything though) blood will come out normally onto my tampon, but water will continue to come out, just plain water, not an excess of blood, anyone know what this could be a symptom of?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper slcpyt
|

replied October 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I don't think that's physically possible. It may be urine coming from your urethra, but nothing that clear or liquidy should be coming from the vagina. If it is, I'd go to a gynecologist immediately.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Hi scipies00,
I'm having the exact same problem. The water is definitely coming from my vagina, and it feels like my water is breaking. I'm not pregnant either. I haven't found anything online, so I'm headed to my doctor ASAP.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
I have this problem too... very definitely from the vagina and VERY water-like. Sometimes it fills up my tampon even, necessitating a change when there is very little to no blood. No idea what it is, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems other than making me think I'm leaking.
|

replied March 15th, 2010
I am having the same problem. It is freaking me out a little. I think I am gonna go to the doctor tomorrow. if anyone has any answers please let me know
|

replied March 15th, 2010
Experienced User
You all probibly have an STD. Go to the DR. ASAP! Seriously weird discharge waterlike or otherwise is typically a symtom of an STD or an infection.
|

replied November 18th, 2011
Wow that's kinda bluntly stated. N rude. Not all things mean a STD!
|

replied March 15th, 2010
Thanks for the helpful advice, Jules. Razz
It's not an STD. My doctor is stumped, too. Anyone else get any answers from theirs
|

replied May 21st, 2010
watery discharge during period
I have been having these watery periods for about 6 months. 2nd and 3rd days of every period, I feel like my tampon is soaked through, rush to the bathroom, only to find it is soaked with clear watery substance rather than blood. I am 39 years old. Just saw my gyn & he is baffled. Had an ultrasound and found an ovarian cyst (not unusual), but he wants to do laproscopy to since the watery period symptom concerns him. Anyone else find anything out yet?
|

replied June 11th, 2010
I have the same thing and it started after I had laporoscopy (about 3 months ag0). I don't know, are these two things connected.
I have no infections, my doctor doesn't know what the hell is this.
|

replied October 11th, 2010
mine started after i quit birth control its been happening for a year. it doesnt cause any problems except i have to change clothes. it happens once. ive been to the doctor they are baffled too but its nothing thats health threatening
|

replied April 3rd, 2011
i'm 22 years old and i have had this issue since i was about 16, and it is definitely water or something very close to it. It's clear and odorless. It doesn't happen every month, but when it does it is very annoying. like most of you have been saying, it happens around the 2nd and 3rd day of my period and there is always way more water than blood. I am completely STD free, as I get checked every year, which means it has nothing to do with any sexual activity (jules8080). I just recently began taking birth control, so it's not linked with that. I read in another forum about this problem that quite a few women deal with having ovarian cysts. It think we should all get checked for that. My only other explanation is water retention, and this is our bodies' unique way of flushing out that water during menstruation. Other than wasting tampons it's not a huge deal, but big enough to want some answers.
|

replied May 15th, 2011
Water from Vagina
For the second time in my life, I woke up in a puddle of water coming from my vagina. Not urine. Last time I just kept forgetting to mention it to my doctor since I had no other symptoms. This time I was on my period with a tampon, but no blood. I have no STD's. I can't believe no one came up with an answer.
|

replied November 18th, 2011
I have the same problem when I am on my period my tampons are filled with more water then blood. I dont understand it. I know I retain water when I am getting my period but this is too much. There is more water then blood. Help me. It reminds me of my water leaking from when I was pregnant.
|

replied November 19th, 2011
i have the same problem.... i recently got on the depo shot and this is my first period since... its lasted for 3 weeks now, and is mainly water...there is blood but sometimes ill think im leaking but its clear... very annoying and this is the first time ive had this issue. im going to call the doctor first thing monday morning. i hope its not an std as i only have one sexual partner so somebodys going to have some explaining to do!
|

replied January 18th, 2012
i dnt usually go to my periods bcz of contraception. Bt lately i had a water like menstruatuion with a burning/feeling like urinating. i recently changed my contraception to depo.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
Could be similar to female ejaculation, but without the orgasm.?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
Water comes out during period
I have been having the same problem. I talked to my doctor who was stumped. Surprising that the water is coming from your vaginal areas but it is. So I discovered by watching my body. If I excessively drink water days and during my period then an flow of water comes out of my vaginal area. Its worse when I drink caffeine beverages such as soda or coffee. I think because your heart accelerate or beats faster which pumps the blood faster. But for the most part when I stopped drinking water before and during my period the water that normally comes out is small to none at all. All I see is blood. Sometimes of course I forget to adjust since I have drink water since I am anemic and if I do not it will cause other problems. But if you stop drinking liquids or very little at this time it should reduce the amount of water like liquid on your tampon. It has worked for me thus far.
|

replied March 16th, 2012
I just had the same issue. I got up from a restaurant and thought I bled through. I went to the bathroom and it looked like I peed in my pants. My tampon was soaked through with mostly a water like substance, but some blood was there. This did have an odor. I am 23, athletic, eat really healthy, I do not have an STD, have no medical history of anything abnormal with my periods, no cysts, no yeast infection, etc...but I have in the past few months switched to Nuva Ring as my form of birth control. Not fun
|

replied March 18th, 2012
water leakage during menstruation
ive just had the same experience today, and i was at a supermarket...im not incontinent so i would like to know what is causing this, it could be down right embarrasing.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
I was at work today when this happened to me for the first time, last night I had really bad cramps as my period was ending. Then today It felt like I leaked through my tampon and to my surpise it came through my pants too. I started freaking out thinking Oh no! am I one of them females on that t.v show "I didn't know I was pregnant"? because it really did feel like my water had broke..(don't even know what that feels like) but Im making a dr appt tomorrow.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply