Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Chat Forum

Should you sit when peeing ? (Page 1)

Must Read
The loss of bladder control affects about 17 million people in the U.S. But what is incontinence? How does female incontinence occur? ...
Incontinence can be caused by mechanical, anatomic or medical issues. But what are these? And who is at risk of developing bladder problems?...
Urinary incontinence symptoms range from mild to severe. Learn to identify signs of bladder control problems and know when to seek help here....
I was always told that it is better for your body if you sit that way you can completly empty out your bladder than if you stand you might not be completly relaxed to empty.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yes
you need to sit and pee
|

User Profile
Experienced User
is there any other way??
|

Especially eHealthy
krystalclear wrote:
I was always told that it is better for your body if you sit that way you can completly empty out your bladder than if you stand you might not be completly relaxed to empty.

Women cannot normally stand when they urinate anyway. Most men stand. It's how our bodies are built.
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
You can pee in a toilet standing up without... difficulties? 8|

I'd say that you should sit to pee. Not only does it help your bladder eliminate all its urine, but it also helps prevent urine from running on other parts of your body accidentally.

I know a boy who pees sitting down. Now that is weird.
|

Experienced User
hey, I have an uncle (by marriage he he) who sits to pee, and I remember that one time in the middle of the night he went in to pee in the dark and started making a fuss. Apparently he had inadvertnantly been shooting through the opening between the seat and the pot, and when it hit his leg, he started yelping...LMAO

So, hey...I wouldn't know HOW to stand to pee, being female, but I DID hear (a long time ago) a theory that the accumlated sitting time women get while peeing contributes to our longer life expectancy...who knows.
|

User Profile
Supporter
OMG when I was little I wanted to pee like a boy! I grew up around boys, I have 2 brothers. I use to actually try to do it. It was difficult being little and all. Geez werid how I remember that. Oh and just to add, I wanted to have a hair cut like a boy so I got my brothers hair clippers and shaved my hair! HEHE how foolish of me. I was only like 5!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Man that's crazy about sitting to pee may contribute to our longer life expectancy. Imagine that. I think if I ever have a son I will teach him to pee sitting down as well. Laughing Maybe that friend of mine and your uncle know what they're doing after all Wink

I, too, TRIED to pee like a boy. I brought my mom into the bathroom with me and said, "Look I can pee like daddy!" She just laughed and said that if I ever made a mess trying to do that that I'd have to clean it up. I wasn't very good at it so I never tried again Very Happy
|

User Profile
Supporter
lol...
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2007
Experienced User
lol i always peed standing up when i get straight outta the showeri just bend my knees slightly and stand over the toilet lol just dont force the urine out to hard but you gotta put some pressure on it so it doesnt go down your leg. i do it because i hate getting everything wet (since i just got outta the shower) I know I know... i am weird lol
|

replied November 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Not so weird at all Smile I've done the "hover" many times, in porta-poties Wink
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
When I was little, I used to pretend to pee like boys all the time because I wanted to be just like my older brother. As time went on, I realized how hard this feat was and resorted to sitting.

I'm sure sitting is best, but if you are standing/hovering it won't really make that much of a difference in my opinion. In certain situations such as public bathrooms, sometimes the hover is a much healthier option.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2008
Experienced User
i've peed standing quite a bit, just lift the lid and squat a little to avoid a mess, but yeah, i usually sit though. lol
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
am I the only one that's peed in the shower?! lol. I remember when I was little (before the hair growth hormone kicked in) peeing in the shower, with my legs together, peeing straight out like a boy! I was, for some reason, very tom boyish. Even though I didn't know my father and had two sisters.

it does feel like I empty my bladder better when completely squatting, like in the woods. But when I do it in the shower, it just never seems empty...
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2009
Experienced User
I physically cannot pee standing up. I can hover if I don't want to sit on the seat (public toilets!), but I heard from my doctor that if you don't sit you can't empty your bladder properly.
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2009
Experienced User
GreyWolf wrote:
I physically cannot pee standing up. I can hover if I don't want to sit on the seat (public toilets!), but I heard from my doctor that if you don't sit you can't empty your bladder properly.

yeah, thats what the links said in deegreens post, that you have to stop the stream before it loses power to avoid dribbling.

I actually stumbled upon something about how humans are designed to squat and not sit and that it is healthier to do so when passing stools. google squat toilet and you'll get an abundance of info and pics. seems to make sense to me but I'm set in my ways.
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2009
Experienced User
I don't know the medical side of it but if someone asks me I would say who cares!
|

replied August 11th, 2009
Hi Everyone, some men have to sit down to pee, this can be put down mostly to the positioning of the eye of the penis, it might not be dead centre and therefore can emit on a bad angle, 90degree 45degree 25degree etc. Makes a mess if you don't sit down. Also narrowing of the orafice can lead to double streaming. Hope that clears up why some men sit instead of standing. Cheers Remus
|

replied November 24th, 2009
Peeing by sittting actually helps
Sitting to pee actually makes you feel good.....The process in itself is titillating for men....imagine lifting the track suit pant from the sides,then pulling the underwear to the side and taking out the hose pipe to do the thing....isn't that romantic enough?My wife loves to see me pee sitting........
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
lol! weird topic Smile
|
12 >>
Tags: bladder
Quick Reply