Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Symptoms of HIV ? One night stand w/ protected vaginal sex

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I can't believe this is happening to me.
Had a one night stand with protected vaginal sex (penis became flaccid during intercourse --- condom did not fall off). Also had some gingivitus / small sore on my gums / and had deep kissing, and minimal oral sex. I also have HPV / warts, although the breakout ocurred about 3 years ago.

Didn't think I was really at risk until I look back now at symptoms that began 35 days after exposure:

I'm really screwed:

Day 1:
1 papular rash lesion on upper torso (did not see them anywhere else)
1 Episode of diarrhea

Day 2:
Low grade fever after drinking considerable alcohol the night before

Day3:
Felt fine

Day 4: Low grade fever after drinking the night before
Day 5: Malaise
Day 6: Malaise
Day 7: Felt fine
Day 8: Low grade fever after drinking the night before
Day 9: Low grade fever continues
Day 10: weakness and malaise
Day 11. body temperate seems below 98.6 then higher in evening
Day 12: symptoms are over

Is there any other possible reason for these symptoms. I had been travelling that month and had been stressed. I am hoping that it is possible that this is not HIV, but judging from these symptoms, if it's not, then it's some other life threatening disease, and not just a flu.

I'm planning on getting tested next week, but before this, I am trying to plan how I'm going to cope. Going to bring anxiety and anti-depressant medication to the testing site (i have never taken medication before).

I am hoping and praying for mono or aseptic meningitis. These symptoms are just too coincidental.

So scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Having a flu-like symptoms two to four weeks after suspected exposure can be a worrying sign.
Flu-like symptoms can be also due to viral meningitis and most cases of aseptic meningitis resolve completely within 7 to 10 days.
How do you feel today?
Do you usually experience diarrhea after excessive drinking?
Do you feel extremely fatigue?
Did you have headache, muscle ache or sore throat?
Have you checked for swollen lymph nodes?
Did you noticed a tiny red spots or bruise-like areas inside the mouth, especially on the roof of the mouth?
|

replied January 12th, 2011
I did something stupid last night and today I saw your post: Did you noticed a tiny red spots or bruise-like areas inside the mouth, especially on the roof of the mouth?

I saw these 24hrs after unprotected risky behavior - can this be symptoms of HIV already? Or could it be something else?
|