Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Can You Still Get Pregnant With Herpes

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
User Profile
I was just wandering if you can still get pregnant with herpes?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Rosie H
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yes of course. You can have a healthy pregnancy and child. The only risk is if you have an outbreak while you go into labor. If there is an outbreak then you have to have a c-section. The baby cannot go through the birth canal with an open sore. But you can still have a normal birth also. I think they give you medication before you deliver to keep the infection levels down and they test your birth canal for any signs of herpes. If there are no signs then you are ok to have a vaginal birth. I am pretty sure that having herpes does not affect your fertility and ability to get pregnant or carry.
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2007
Hey
Thank for the post sorry i just read it. I just figured out how to check them and see. I just really worry about the fact of not having kids or healthy babies. I don't what none now but maybe later.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
giving your partner herpes
If you are wanting to get pregnant and you have herpes want you give your partner herpes?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
theres a chance that you could yes. I would talk to your doctor for specifics.

I know you can take suppressive therapy that lowers your chance of spreading it. But Im not sure if it can affect getting pregnant.It shouldnt.
|

replied February 2nd, 2011
How soon can you get pregnant after getting herpes
Is there a time limit on how soon you can get pregnant after getting herpes?
|

replied July 13th, 2011
for how long i can have the herper whit out knowing?
|