Medical Questions > Parenting > Adoption Forum

Interested In Adopting a Baby

My husband and I want to adopt a baby, however, we don't have 30,000 dollars, so am I wrong for wanting to help a teenager in trouble as well as benefit from it as well?

Please let me know your feelings.

Lisa Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
No, I dont think its wrong to want to do that. In fact I was thinking earlier that I would want to do the same thing later on in my life. I would not have the money either and if there is a teen who wants to giver her baby to a good home who take care of the baby alot better financially and emotionally then I would go for it. If you can do that, then good luck!
|

Experienced User
Adoption
Thank you nikki, I need all the support I can get right now, that makes me feel good. Everybody offers tax credits, grants, and loans, but you can only apply after the placement of a child is made. Thanks again.

Lhileman Crying or Very sad
|

I think its great that someone like yall are out there for teens in trouble and like me to help give teens a second chance and at the same time having them help someone out there that is willing to help takecare and guide a loving inasent child
theres not many of yall out there
Wink neana Smile
|

Experienced User
There is nothing wrong with posting that you want to adopt a child. There are so many on here that talk of abortions and you can save them the agony and pain. They should be on here reading this...Maybe it will give them some hope instead of guilt for wanting and going through an abortion.
|

Experienced User
I dont think it's wrong lisa, I just urge you to be very careful. Is it really that expensive in the states? Here in canada it's free, although the waiting lists are long for a newborn and the paper work can be tedious. Would you consider adopting a child who's a bit older than a newborn? I'm sure that would make it alot easier on you. I am adopted and I know what my parents went through to get me so I can sympathize with you. I hope you get a beautiful baby soon.
Love
tanya*
|

Experienced User
I think that is good what you and your husband want to do. I just wish I would've knew you before I had made the terrible choice to terminate my pregnancy 2 weeks ago because I rather had did adoption. Keep on looking trust me there are teenagers that need your services.
|

replied September 11th, 2003
Experienced User
Adoption
Please somebody anybody read this.

Lisa
|

You Are Doing a Great Thing!
I think that it is wonderful that you are posting to adopt a child. If you read through alot of these post there are alot of teenagers that don't know what to do and you just might be the one that becomes one of these babies angel and save them from abortion or going to grow up in a foster home. I will pray that god will send you someone and you will get your baby! Good luck to you . Don't ever think it is wrong to post that here you want to do a wonderful thing! May god bless you and your husband.
Dacia :d
|

Experienced User
Thanks
Thank you. Laughing

lhileman
|

replied October 31st, 2007
Experienced User
i agree with you 100%. i am waiting to complete my homestudies so i can adopt. it is free here in canada but only if you go through public adoption, private can cost a few thousand dollars (not sure how much). ill tell you what, if i find someone in need in georgia ill refer her to you if you refer someone from alberta to me, haha. we, the bleeding heart/prospective adoptive parents, need to stick together Wink
best of luck
ps have you checked out the pregnant teen forum? i didnt see anything about advertising yourself being inappropriate on there.
|

replied May 10th, 2009
I guess my question is what will happen to the teenage mother when after she gives birth? As soon has she delivers will you kick her to curb or will you continue to help her out. If your just going to use her to get a baby, that's pretty terrible. What if she changes her mind after the birth and wants to keep the baby, will you accept that. You need to look at the big picture, the girl you take in may decide to keep the baby.

I've read your earlier posts, you have issues that need to be resolved dealing with your furtility before you consider adoptions. I'm positive you will make a wonderful mother one day and offer a child a wonderful home to grow up in. My concern is that you seem to be looking to fill a void caused by your inability to give birth to a child. You need to resolve that issue before taking in a child that may not fill the void if it's still there and will only suffer because you resent the fact that the void in your life is still exists.
|

replied May 15th, 2009
i have 2 children and im pregnant w/ my third and im looking to give this baby up for adoption. i am black and currently in my third trimester.
|

replied September 19th, 2009
Adpotion
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 2 years. We have been lucky enough to get pregnant twice, but the first one was an ectopic pregnancy and the 2nd pregnancy was a blighted ovum. I am 38 and a Paralegal who contracts from my home office, and my husband is the global training manager for the largest oil company called TransOcean Drilling and he is 31. If anyone can point us in the right direction or if anyone is thinking about abortion or adoption we would really like to talk to you.

Sincerely,

Tarra
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
wanting a baby
Hello, we are looking to help a teenager or mom out.We have 5 kids 4 boys 1 girl, and want another baby,but cannot have anymore.I was raised with 10 brothers and sisters and my hubby has 13.We feel one more would complete our family,but dont want to go through an adoption agency...long waiting list.If you find your self in an unwanted pregancy and want your child to go to a loving home with siblings and to be well provided for please contact me.We live in the great state of Texas....
Angel..
|
Tags: adoption
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar