Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Swelling shooting pain on side of foot : sprained or broken

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi there I was taking my 5 year old to school and I fell UP the stairs at the school. I have been elevating it and applying cold but it is swelling and there is a shooting pain going up and down the side of my foot I think I just sprained it because I have broken my foot before (Other foot) and it was a more intense feeling and sweeled more. Someone tell me your thoughts.
My other question is For the past 2 months I have had 2 menstural cycles though the second is not as heavy I am concerned what's up with my body.
Someone told me I am anemic and lacking IRON but that kind of seems odd since I am anemic often and this just recently started to my body. Anyone have any clue what's going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It's possible that you have just sprained your foot.
You need to lift your ankle so that the leg is straight in front of you on a chair, use ice packs for 20 minutes each hours until bed time and you can apply Arnica montana cream on your foot or you can take tablets of this homeopatic remedy( it's helping with pain relief, swelling and bruising)
Can you visit your doctor and ask to be x-rayed?
Did you have heavy periods for the last two months?
Since when you have been anemic?
Do you take iron supplements for you anemia?
Life style and nutrition always affect woman's menstrual cycle.
|

replied October 30th, 2007
Thank You!
I went to the Doctor after a night of little sleep he x-rayed my foot and said that it was a hard sprain which is better than broken but I will be on crutches for a few weeks he said. I am supposed to keep off of it cause if I apply pressure it could snap the bone and break where it is weak. My peiods were somewhat heavy for the first few days on the first one and by the forth day it lightened up. Then a week after I was off I started again this is really frustrating and confusing me. I only weigh 123 pounds and I am 5 9 1/2 so with that beeing said I am very small. I am not a big eater but I do eat. My hubby is always giving me heck! I give blood at blood drives probably 4 times a year which my hubby does not like but I figure I can save lives and do my part. I can't take supplememt because it messes up my body. I have stomach cramps and get really nautious and sometimes even throw up. I can however take flinstone vitamins with extra iron which was a recomendation. Thanks for your thoughts and input it helps put me at ease a little more.
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
As I understand from your post, you had experienced menstrual bleeding twice in a month. Is this happening for the first time?
For how long you've been anemic?
You can try to improve your blood by eating iron-rich food( chicken, turkey and beef meat, spinach, dried apricots, dried peaches,prunes, raisins)
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
my foot
Ive got shooting pains in my foot becuase i was carrying a concrete rock so was my friend and the rock dropped on our foot she broke hers and i did not know what ive done becuase im getting shooting pains and they are bad and i get pins and needles
|
Tags: swelling, anemic
Quick Reply