Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Bleeding In the Middle of the Month

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have been on birth control for 6 years and the first 2 years it was great. After that I started bleeding in the middle of the month for 1-5 days and then still get my period at the normal time. I have been on ortho cyclyn, ortho tri cyclen, ortho tri cyclen lo, lo ogestral, and tri sprintec....so far none worked to stop the bleeding in the middle of my cycle. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a good pill out there to stop the bleeding in the middle of the month....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your problem may be that you need a MONPHASIC method, which you have taken, but you need to use for awhile.

Triphasic pills change hormone strengths, which can trigger some bleeding in some women.

NUVA RING is known to have very good control over bleeding, and fewer women have 'middle cycle' bleeding in it than many other methods.
|

replied January 3rd, 2008
I also have bleeding in the middle of the month, and I am so worried it will have an effect on me later wanting to have a baby - all of my smears are fine, I have no polyps and have tried various pills have not helped - so frustrating!
|

replied January 6th, 2008
I don't know, I had bleeding a week before period time on Nuvaring, but only once so far.
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
nuva ring was really great for my period, I had a very light period on time every month. (And I don't naturally have regular periods)

I don't think that will effect you in the future if you have bleeding in the middle of the month.
|