Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Tmj / sharp pains in temple / sinus headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
This may seem weird but I think I have tmj and sinus headaches.

I can feel the sinus pressure and my nasal passages are constantly stuffy. I get the usual behind the eye pressure. I also have had tmj for a while. My jaw gets really tight and when I open my mouth wide my jaw will occasionally pop. Sometimes that tension travels up to my temple area. It seems like the muscles in my face get very tight.

Lately I hace been getting very mild sharp pains in the top of my left temple region. The are only there for a split second and the gone. They are pretty mild. My tmj has been worse lately, could the sharp pains be part of the tmj. I have also been more stressed than usual. I have noticed myself constantly clenching my jaw, almost grtting my teeth. I think I have been doing that for a while unkowningly.

I have no other symptoms.

Thanks,

C
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper angelagrneyes
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you get enough sleep every day?
Do you find difficult to fall asleep?
Do you feel tired a lot?
|

replied October 30th, 2007
I usually get enough sleep. Sometimes stress does keep me up at night. It's never hard for me to fall asleep especially when I exercise. Lately I don't feel tired until 9 or 10p.m. then its lights out.

Also, My anxiety manifest itself as hyperventilation sometimes. That can make it hard to fall asleep.

My nasal passages were really stuffy last night.
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tmd will do that to you. i know its tough but you will get through it
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you feel widespread pain and tenderness to light touch on your body?
I guess you have the sleep disorder of intense and prolonged teeth clenching.
Prolonged and intense teeth clenching causes significant muscle contractions and nerve bundle distortions, mainly of the temporalis muscles on the sides of the head and these leaves the muscle without oxygen and pain is experienced.
People who suffer from teeth clenching can experienced great variation in type, location and quality of head pain.
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
dont forget that it isnt just limited to the head
|

replied March 15th, 2011
Head Pressure and sharp pains
I get sharp pains in my head and my head feels really tight lots of pressure and i had a catscan and it came out fine what could this be a sinus headache? I never get headaches? can you help me?
Angela
|