Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Testicle Torsion? Twisted & higher - felt sick

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
i am 13. i think i may have a testicle torsion because last night i woke up and one of my testicles felt weird.it felt it was twisted around, and was a bit higher up than normal, it hurt VERY much and made me feel very sick and i thought i was going to be sick Sad this has happend about 4 times now, but i dont know whether to see a doctor beacause it goes back to normal, what can i expect if i do go to the doctor, and what will they do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
I had the same thing, only back when I was like 6 cause my best friend punched me in the nuts. My left nut had what they called Testicular Appendix Torsion. Apparently, the testicles have a non-functional appendix that can get twisted or damaged. I had a pain in my testicle and my scrotum turned red, and I felt sick. My parents took me to the hospital and I had to get surgery, all they did was remove the appendix part. I had no idea about sex at the time, so I didn't know why the doctor was so happy and excited he didn't have to remove the testicle. Now I'm thankful. My left nut is somewhat smaller than my right, and maybe mor sensitive, but if I hadn't gotten the surgery, it could have gotten infected and destroyed both my testicles. OH NOOOOZZZ!!!
|

replied November 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Ouch! You got punched in the nuts? Ouch. Yah, go see the doctor, testicular torsion is quite serious, seeing the doctor couldn't hurt.
|

replied July 20th, 2009
hey my left testicle has been twisting on its own but i am able 2 turn it back to the right position is this anything i should worry about considering i dont feel hardly any pain or is this something normal. ive heard that wearing boxers has less support on ur testicles which can cause them 2 twist when ur asleeep
|

replied December 18th, 2011
Dude if you haven't already, see a doctor. in 2007 i had the same thing And it went back but on 16 dec 2011 it came back and would not go away i had to go to hospital and have surgery. what they have done is put it back and have stitched them inside so that they will never twist again. Best of luck to ya man I know how you feel / felt .
|

replied May 1st, 2012
If you haven't gone yet then i suggest you should because this is a very bad condition sometimes, once it's turned around it may not go back to it's original position and then the cord holding the testicle turns round and winds around itself stopping blood flow and if this isn't corrected within 48 hours via an operation blood flow completely stops and your testicle is dead and has to be removed, again if it isn't removed in time it affects the other testicle and you may end up losing both your balls.
So anybody reading this feeling pain in your balls stop everything you're doing and go to a urologist immediately.
|
Quick Reply