Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Strange Green Discharge that Smells

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have a wierd green discharge sometimes and it smells like farts sometimes, what is this? Sad Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper npekovitch2
|

replied October 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It sounds like a reason to go to the gynocologist!
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like an infection. Go to the doctor!
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
Supporter
Sexually Transmitted Disease?
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis.

CAUSES:
Trichomoniasis is found worldwide. In the United States, the highest number of cases are seen in women between age 16 and 35. Trichomonas vaginalis cannot survive in the mouth or rectum, and therefore must be transmitted through penis-to-vagina intercourse or vulva-to-vulva contact with an infected partner.

The disease can affect both men and women, but the symptoms differ between the two groups. The infection usually does not cause symptoms in men and goes away on its own in a few weeks. In some cases, a man might have burning, itching, or a discharge. Occasionally, some men with trichomoniasis may develop prostatitis or epididymitis from the infection.

Women with trichomoniasis have a itching and a heavy, foul-smelling, green-white or yellowish vaginal discharge.

SYMPTOMS:
Women:

* Discomfort with intercourse
* Vaginal itching
* Greenish-yellow, frothy or foamy, vaginal discharge with a foul or strong smell
* Labial swelling or vulvar itching
* Itching of the inner thighs

Men:

* Burning after urination or ejaculation
* Itching of urethra
* Slight discharge from urethra
|

replied November 1st, 2007
I dont really know about Trichomonas Vaginalis...
But when Ive had green/yellow discharge, there was also some itching and being uncomfortable, it was Bacterial Vaginosis. For me it has been reoccuring, it can be caused from different things like scented soaps, scented pads/tamptons, oral, or putting anything in your vagina that is dirty or changes the PH lvls, or even sitting in a wet bathing suit all day. It can be cleared up with a few medicines, or sometimes the body can clear it up on its own. Id go get it checked out.
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
infaction

go to the DOCTOR
|

replied November 3rd, 2007
This Should Help...
Trichomoniasis IS a form of bacterial vaginosis. And if you don't get rid of it, it can turn into Gardnerella, which is what just happened to ME!

Your vagina is a FRAGILE environment.

You'll go to the doctor and they'll most likely put you on metrodinozle (I think I spelt that incorrectly). It comes as pills or vaginal inserts.

You can also do this to help your vag:

Drink cranberry juice (we've all heard THAT one)
Eat yogurt with LIVE CULTURES
Sleep withOUT underwear on (trust me it works, and doctors will agree)
Do NOT use scented soaps

SPERM can cause inbalance of bacteria in your vagina (incase you're on the pill, sexually active, and don't use condoms)

Use lubricants sparingly

And the only time you should douche is if your doctor gives you specific instruction to do so. For example, with my gardnerella, my gyno told me to get a "vinegar douche" to use after my period. When your period ends the environment is more BASE-like than acid which makes your vagina more vulnerable to these infections. the acid in the vinegar helps return your vaginal environment back to its acid-state.
|
Quick Reply